Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

For Sale: 1963 SWC

Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 PM
achris44
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: 1963 SWC

Occasionally in life, tough decisions must be made. An opportunity has presented itself to me and I am faced with one such decision. I need to liquidate some assets, one of which could be my 1963 SWC. My perfectly driving, always reliable, beautiful beyond belief, Top Flight and Bloomington Gold winning SWC. Yes, those are tears you hear falling as you read this because I am so much in love with this car.

Long-term C2 forum friends will remember this car more as Collin and Meg’s than as mine as they were the owners who did the hard work; the restoration and shakedown. They started her through the NCRS circuit, making corrections along the way, and got her pretty close to perfect. I am the owner who has enjoyed the fruits of their labor and made the detail tweaks necessary to nail down a Bloomington Gold Award and another Regional Top Flight.

Awards and beauty aside, the great thing about this car is it drives so amazingly well. Granted this is primarily because of a quality restoration with attention to every detail but it is also because of the exceptional maintenance it receives as well as the regular road time to keep everything loose and operational.

Please follow these links for other C2 forum discussions of this car:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...coupe-swc.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ine-tires.html

Here is the link to the C2 Registry information: http://www.c2registry.org/index.php?...ette&car_id=46

I am not looking to play games during the sale of this car. No trades considered unless you have real estate available in/near Islamorada, FL. Cash or equivalent (cleared and accepted by my bank before car/title released). If this car is above your price range, please feel free to admire the ad and share it but I ask you not to contact me "just to talk." I am asking $125,000 for this 63 SWC, which would include the extra set of period correct vintage ET mag wheels wrapped in very nice condition Firestone redline radial tires. If you are thinking “that’s a heck of a good deal for that car based on all we know about it from it’s exposure on the Corvette Forum,” feel free to offer more than asking price and I will make you feel good by accepting your offer. If you are someone who likes to deal and has to “win,” consider my asking price $150,000 so you can tell your friends/wife/husband about the time you talked a guy down $25,000.

To simplify your pick up and trailering needs, you should also strongly consider the color-matching hauler. Visible in the pictures, it has the large side door so exiting the car after loading is very easy. Weight distributing hitch, brakes, walk-in door, and great ramp with low angle extension. Asking $8,500. If you need a chase car for the trip home, ask me about the matching, fully restored, 1981 Delorean.

Drive in, hitch up, load car, drive away, enjoy life.
Sale may be cancelled at any time.

Please contact me by email if you are seriously interested and we will arrange a time to talk by phone:
44chrisprice44@gmail.com

Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Old 05-06-2015, 03:00 PM
morly1963
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 419 Posts

What a nice car! I wish mine looked that good!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Bowlerdude
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Beautiful car.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this car originally a 327 300hp?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:49 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What a nice car. Sorry you have to cut her loose. Good luck with the sale and enjoy the memories.
Dennis
Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Best of luck with the sale. IMHO the market sucks right now.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 AM
achris44
Intermediate

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

If anyone has specific questions, please email me and we can discuss further.

Bowlerdude, as the previous owner also replied when you were inquiring with him about this car, this is the original, born-with engine. It has been completely overhauled to original L76 spec after being modified with aftermarket parts during its early life. This car, like many, was drag raced, modified, flared, etc which is what makes the current condition (and the restoration) so much more amazing. All stampings and dates are correct and appear OEM according to the judges.

Points I lose at judging include things like fine scratches on seat belt buckle, my clutch pedal pad was loose, paint too good/overrestored (I am not willing to haze down the lower portions of the body to get these back), smudge on dash pad (wiped off with rag....), my alternator bracket seems to be a reproduction and is .050" too thick, etc.........
Zero points lost during ops check.

44chrisprice44@gmail.com
Old 05-07-2015, 01:10 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Just a reminder for anyone who is not familiar with Interference in a Sales thread rules, please do not make continued posts that do not advance the sale, especially if a question has been addressed. Such posts have been removed.

This is not a discussion thread for people not interested in purchasing the vehicle.

Please use the PM function for protracted discussions with the seller.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM
achris44
Intermediate

Vettebuyer6369, I appreciate you working to keep the for sale thread on topic.

For clarification, in case anyone thought I was being evasive: all knowledge I possess of this car (from discussions with previous owners, from photos and restoration records, from all casting numbers and dates, from multiple judging situations where those who would know better than I validated its originality) indicates it is and has always been a 327/340hp car. That is why I stated it was restored to original L76 spec; in my vocabulary "restored" implies that it was L76 to begin with and returned to that original spec.

Other questions have been answered via email/additional photos provided as well to those who requested (even to the member who said he just wanted new desktop background images
Old 05-08-2015, 04:28 PM
achris44
Intermediate

Thanks for all of the interest,

Sold (Pending Funds) so off the market at this point.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:18 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Originally Posted by achris44
Thanks for all of the interest,

Sold (Pending Funds) so off the market at this point.
FYI those interested, the car has been sold.

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale: 1963 SWC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Sale: 1963 SWC