Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1966 BB 427/425 Laguna Blue Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Default 1966 BB 427/425 Laguna Blue Coupe

This 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427/425 Coupe is an original Laguna blue/black vinyl per the trim tag. This is a very nice body off restored low mileage car in a great color combination. Teak wood steering wheel, knock off wheels and gold line tires. Car has correct original 80lb oil pressure gauge, 6500 RPM tachometer with original LB coded label still intact on the back of the gauge cluster, which only came on a 425hp car in 1966, 4.11 coded FB rear end, big block only half shafts, big block only sway bar, dated big block radiator, absence of over flow tank, and presence of original transistor amplifier ignition mounted on the front inner fender panel. All proving that this car being an original 427 cubic inch 425 hp car. This car is currently running a complete 1967 390 hp 427 cubic inch motor. This car is an excellent body off restored much better than new condition, with excellent paint and body fit. A timeless sleek body style matched to the highest horsepower combination available in 1966!

The paint and gaps of this car are extraordinary far better than new from the factory. This is a very nice no excuse body. The frame/chassis is very clean, the body removed and the chassis painted. The bumpers are original that have been re-chromed, door handles, emblems and rocker moldings were replaced with original NOS GM, no reproductions. The Laguna Blue color is a one year only 1966 Corvette color, only 2054, roughly 7.5% of total production. Much care was taken in prep, body fit, application and finish to achieve this high quality finished product!

Interior is all original except for the new front carpet and seat covers. The original door panels, dash pads, gauge cluster and glove box door are all in very good condition.

The engine was removed, totally rebuilt with a roller cam installed, parts and machine work was over $4200.00. When engine was removed I had the Muncie transmission totally rebuilt $685.00, less than 300 miles since completion.

As far as 1-10 numbers I would say overall this car is a 9.The paint is a 10+.Much better than came from the factory and much better than 90% of even the best shops can do.The interior mostly original is a 9. The engine compartment looks new and is very clean, but some parts are not correct for this car... ie block, intake, etc and some have the incorrect finishes, like chrome hood latches. So I would say... 10 for a show type car, but on an NCRS level the car takes hits for not being original in the engine compartment. The chrome and trim are excellent.... 10. The chassis is very clean but some of the parts have incorrect NCRS finishes... 9. The odometer and title show actual mileage of less than 33K miles.The interior with the exception of the front carpet and seat covers is original and looks very nice. Backs up the mileage statement.

I purchased this car from a well respected forum member here about 5 years ago, this car is stunning in every way! This is not a fire sale, so please do not attempt to make it so. I am simply thinning out the herd a bit. I can be contacted thru PM here. I am located in Eastern Washington State. The clock is the only thing that is not working. $64999.00

Last edited by OldKarz; 06-09-2015 at 06:12 PM. Reason: change
Old 06-09-2015, 06:48 PM
jkuzzy
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

What a beautiful ride!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jkuzzy
What a beautiful ride!
WOW, I second that...beautiful ride!!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have seen this car in person. It is super nice with awesome paint! Good luck with your sale.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:17 AM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

That's one good looking car....and remember - NOTHING beats a coupe......Hate mail come on in....lol....
Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 AM
DIP51
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by 93RubyRedCoupe
That's one good looking car....and remember - NOTHING beats a coupe
Old 06-10-2015, 10:17 AM
morly1963
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 419 Posts

That's a GREAT looking car!
You wont have a problem selling it!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Beautiful example!

Others take note - this is how you photograph and describe a car in for sale adds.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 AM
henryr
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what documentation you have ? story on the motor swap ?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 AM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Originally Posted by henryr
what documentation you have ? story on the motor swap ?
I have no paperwork but a title issued in I believe 01', other than what I have done while car has been in my ownership. Engine swap was done long ago, before my time, I simply pulled, rebuilt, added roller cam, rebuilt Muncie at same time and put back in the car. The engine was built by a pro. This car is the real deal and will pass any inspection, but for anyone wanting a 6" folder of paperwork, this is not a car for you. This is a well sorted out car, that draws a crowd, the paint, body, everything is pure.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:18 AM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by OldKarz
I have no paperwork but a title issued in I believe 01', other than what I have done while car has been in my ownership. Engine swap was done long ago, before my time, I simply pulled, rebuilt, added roller cam, rebuilt Muncie at same time and put back in the car. The engine was built by a pro. This car is the real deal and will pass any inspection, but for anyone wanting a 6" folder of paperwork, this is not a car for you. This is a well sorted out car, that draws a crowd, the paint, body, everything is pure.
In my humble opinion, paperwork really adds to a car with it's original drivetrain. This car doesn't have it's original motor, so any paper on it would only be "gravy" on a car like this. You could NOT build this car for his asking price. His price is very reasonable for someone looking for a stunning midyear coupe, that's "done". Great color, great condition, etc. Good luck with your sale. Fantastic looking car. ARA
Old 06-11-2015, 01:13 PM
henryr
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can u send me pics ? mrhenry123 at gmail tks
Old 06-11-2015, 06:04 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

I was the previous seller. This car has some of the best paint that I have ever seen on any Corvette. The body was unhit to start with. The gaps on this car are excellent. This car was not restored as an NCRS judged car. This car was restored as a high end show car. It has some parts that should not be chromed. The frame was painted a high gloss,etc. All NOS tail lights,parking lights,emblems and rocker mouldings were used. I did not restore this car. Most of the work had already been completed. I just finished it.This car is an original 425hp car. Not a made up clone. No idea where the original motor went. The '67 #351 motor was already running in the car when I bought it. Since my ownership the motor has been professionally rebuilt as well as the Muncie 4 speed. This car is excellent in condition. Anyone serious about this car feel free to contact me. I maybe able to answer questions that the current owner may not be able to.

provette67@aol.com
Old 06-12-2015, 12:52 PM
trophystock
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I have not bought a 67 coupe last month I would be flying to Washington and driving home
Old 06-12-2015, 01:04 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

What a great car, especially at that price. This is just how I like my cars to look, restored to show standards not "factory" appearance. GLWS
Old 06-12-2015, 01:37 PM
409/409
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
What a great car, especially at that price. This is just how I like my cars to look, restored to show standards not "factory" appearance. GLWS
Beautiful car! What kind of intake is on it? Are those 390HP or 425 HP heads? Thanks
Old 06-13-2015, 08:53 PM
avijay
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427/425 Coupe is an original Laguna blue/black vinyl per the trim tag. This is a very nice body off restored low mileage car in a great color combination. Teak wood steering wheel, knock off wheels and gold line tires. Car has correct original 80lb oil pressure gauge, 6500 RPM tachometer with original LB coded label still intact on the back of the gauge cluster, which only came on a 425hp car in 1966, 4.11 coded FB rear end, big block only half shafts, big block only sway bar, dated big block radiator, absence of over flow tank, and presence of original transistor amplifier ignition mounted on the front inner fender panel. All proving that this car being an original 427 cubic inch 425 hp car. This car is currently running a complete 1967 390 hp 427 cubic inch motor. This car is an excellent body off restored much better than new condition, with excellent paint and body fit. A timeless sleek body style matched to the highest horsepower combination available in 1966!

The paint and gaps of this car are extraordinary far better than new from the factory. This is a very nice no excuse body. The frame/chassis is very clean, the body removed and the chassis painted. The bumpers are original that have been re-chromed, door handles, emblems and rocker moldings were replaced with original NOS GM, no reproductions. The Laguna Blue color is a one year only 1966 Corvette color, only 2054, roughly 7.5% of total production. Much care was taken in prep, body fit, application and finish to achieve this high quality finished product!

Interior is all original except for the new front carpet and seat covers. The original door panels, dash pads, gauge cluster and glove box door are all in very good condition.

The engine was removed, totally rebuilt with a roller cam installed, parts and machine work was over $4200.00. When engine was removed I had the Muncie transmission totally rebuilt $685.00, less than 300 miles since completion.

As far as 1-10 numbers I would say overall this car is a 9.The paint is a 10+.Much better than came from the factory and much better than 90% of even the best shops can do.The interior mostly original is a 9. The engine compartment looks new and is very clean, but some parts are not correct for this car... ie block, intake, etc and some have the incorrect finishes, like chrome hood latches. So I would say... 10 for a show type car, but on an NCRS level the car takes hits for not being original in the engine compartment. The chrome and trim are excellent.... 10. The chassis is very clean but some of the parts have incorrect NCRS finishes... 9. The odometer and title show actual mileage of less than 33K miles.The interior with the exception of the front carpet and seat covers is original and looks very nice. Backs up the mileage statement.

I purchased this car from a well respected forum member here about 5 years ago, this car is stunning in every way! This is not a fire sale, so please do not attempt to make it so. I am simply thinning out the herd a bit. I can be contacted thru PM here. I am located in Eastern Washington State. The clock is the only thing that is not working. $64999.00

PM sent

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 BB 427/425 Laguna Blue Coupe

Old 06-13-2015, 09:11 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

I have a pending sale to a forum member here. I appreciate the kind words on my car from all. Had a really good response and had many interested people. The new caretaker of this car will do a great job!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:12 PM
avijay
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a pending sale to a forum member here. I appreciate the kind words on my car from all. Had a really good response and had many interested people. The new caretaker of this car will do a great job!
Congrats on your future sale, if it falls through for any reason, let me know, thanks.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 PM
409/409
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by avijay
Congrats on your future sale, if it falls through for any reason, let me know, thanks.
Great looking car! I'm curious to know what intake, heads and carburetor are on it since the factory never made an oval port aluminum intake?
Thanks

Quick Reply: 1966 BB 427/425 Laguna Blue Coupe