Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1967 SB Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
PBChase
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FS: 1967 SB Coupe

1967 Corvette Coupe for sale. Two-owner, numbers matching California car with 59,385 miles. Elkhart Blue, 327/300HP, four speed manual transmission, tinted front window, power windows, am/fm radio, and posi traction with 3.36 rear end. Vintage air conditioning has been added. Includes all documentation including service records that support original mileage. I have the Corvette Order Copy (tank sticker), Original 1967 Owners Manual, Chevrolet 1967 Owner Protection Plan and New Vehicle Warranty booklet along with protecto plate and originating dealer information. If you are looking for a great driver with lots of history and with a little work could be a top flight NCRS car this is it.

Per the original owner, there was some slight body damage behind the left front fender and a factory big block hood was installed in 1968. I have a small block hood that will be included in the sale. The front of the car was re-sprayed as part of the bodywork and hood installation. The owner also told me that when he purchased the car it had red line tires although the Corvette Order Copy does not support this. The dealer may have swapped tires with another Corvette as part of another transaction. The paint shows very well from 10/15 feet but keep in mind that it is 47 years old and shows its age with various chips and scrapes that have been touched up as required.

I purchased the car in June 2006 and at that time it had 44,500 miles. I have carefully restored (frame on) it using its original parts or finding date correct replacements when needed. Following is a summary of work that I have done to this car: front and rear suspensions rebuilt, drive shaft u joints replaced, new aluminized exhaust system, new brake calipers, rotors and pads, spindles rebuilt, new Dewitt’s radiator properly date coded, new water pump properly dated coded, carburetor, starter motor, alternator, headlight motors, and windshield wiper motor/washer all rebuilt, clock, radio, speedometer and tachometer cleaned and refurbished, rally wheels sand blasted/repainted and mounted with Coker red line radials

I have not done any work to the engine, clutch and transmission due to the low mileage on the car. Throughout my restoration of this car, I have taken lots of pictures and noted part numbers, etc. For any parts replaced, I have kept what was originally on the car.

Price: $65,000 OBO
Contact: Peter Chase, email: pbchase@sbcglobal.net and home telephone number: 925 969 0876

The following website has more information and pictures of the car. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get all of the restoration pictures out there too.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0C5Uzl7V4J6cR

You can go to this website and look at some of the pictures I took during the restoration. From a numbers matching perspective, there is very little that is missing.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0CGrq0zwGHG188
Attached Images       

Last edited by PBChase; 09-13-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Well presented and exceptionally nice looking. I too have a 67 327 / 300 coupe , ( restored original ) and believe these are some of the most beautiful cars on the road. Best wishes for a successful sale to someone else on the Forum!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
PBChase
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Carlsbadliving1
Well presented and exceptionally nice looking. I too have a 67 327 / 300 coupe , ( restored original ) and believe these are some of the most beautiful cars on the road. Best wishes for a successful sale to someone else on the Forum!
Thank you and I couldn't agree more. They look and run great and are easy to maintain if you take the time. In 2011 my wife and I took this car on a 7,000 mile 20 day trip that included Route 66. The 67 didn't miss a beat and people loved to see it on the road.

Peter
Old 11-03-2015, 07:44 PM
PBChase
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Sold.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

congrats, very nice and documented car
Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM
slalomfiend
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Sister cars

Hello PB, just saw that the car you sold is build #168. Mine is #169, also Elkhart Blue. I'd like to know who the car went to if they don't have a problem with that. Or you can have them contact me through the Forum. Thanks, Slalomfiend.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:54 AM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

As I'm sure you know, there would have been 46 cars in 1967 with the build number of 168, and another 46 with 169. Here's hoping you hold the right lottery ticket and that yours and his followed each other down the line.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1967 SB Coupe

Quick Reply: FS: 1967 SB Coupe