Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Convertible in FL - $74,999

Old 09-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Keith@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 208 Likes on 60 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Convertible in FL - $74,999

** SOLD **

The following Corvette is being offered for sale at VetteFinders.com Follow the links to contact the seller.

1965 Convertible Corvette for sale
194675S111739
396 425
4 speed manual
undeclared Miles
Nassau Blue with White Interior

Description:

1965 Nassau Blue Convertible with both tops - $74,999.00

- Matching Numbers 396 CI
- Freshly rebuilt 1965 350HP 327 CI
- Knock Off Wheel replica’s
- Factory Side Exhaust Pipes
- Factory 4 speed close ratio
- Chrome and Stainless steel are show quality
- Hard Top, was just rebuilt with new window, etc. from the full kit at Corvette Central and repainted.

This car is a very special Mid-year, a 1965 Nassau Convertible with hard top, in very good original condition inside and out, and has been under loving care. This was to be a complete restore of one of the few 1965 396 Turbo-Jet Corvettes ever made. Two years ago I started the process of rebuilding the matching numbers 396 CI engine. To keep the car in driving condition, I rebuilt a 1965 350HP 327 so we could drive it during the rebuild. I wanted only the right people doing the right work to that 50 year old museum piece would continue to be a priceless item. Within a couple of months after starting the project I was laid off and have not found a suitable job since. Because I am close enough to retirement, my wife and I have decided to sell the car to a worthy new home.

The 350HP 327 CI engine, heads, intake and carburetor are correct for a 1965 Corvette and could be left in the car if you do not want to finish the 396 rebuild that I stated. It is coupled with the four-speed transmission, as was the case for “fast cars of the day” there are no power brakes or steering options. Even though it is just the temporary engine, the compartment is clean and detailed appearing correct. Undercarriage is clean, rubber parts, shocks, joints, all kept clean. All four shocks were replaced with factory NOS last year.

As I stated, the engine serial numbers match the car and is in need of a rebuild. Heads, crank and intake are all checked and included. The heads have been rebuilt with guides, valves, etc. and I have a set of low profile roller rocker arms also going with the sale. The block is currently on a roll-around stand that goes with the 2 ton hoist and the deal. I have several Mid-year (Stingray) books that also go with selling the car.
I put the complete ignition shielding covers on motor along with a complete new factory correct air cleaner housing. The transmission and rear end fluids have all been changed. The original electric head light motors have been rebuilt. The cooling system has been drained and flushed. I put factory upper and lower radiator hoses and clamps and fresh antifreeze coolant when the small block was put in two years ago.

Original color of the car was white with standard (black) interior. The soft-top is in good condition and is still white. I believe the Nassau Blue color is much prettier as did the majority of the buyers in 1965. White interior was not an option for 1965 with the Nassau Blue exterior but I believe you will agree Chevy missed a great color combination. This is especially true if you live in the south and want to drive with the top down.

Car is still all original with no after-market “Upgrades” added. As I said the colors are not original but they are original factory replacement and not custom or hotrod. This is a 50 year old car and all is in working order including the clock. Odometer was not working when I purchased it so it so I have no idea how many miles are on the car.

The 1965 model debuted with the first ever Big Block Corvette, and the only year to offer the "Turbo Jet" 396 CI rated conservatively at 425 HP. It was a great start and with the RPO L78 cost of $292.70, 2,157 cars received this option. The first deliveries were in March (delivery date of this vehicle) and roughly 9% of the production received this option making this car almost impossible to duplicate. Also the first year to offer 4 wheel disc brake.

Today, the Big Block Convertible of that vintage is coveted by collectors and enthusiasts alike and their values are constantly going up. This car is a highly collectible and almost impossible to duplicate for the money today.

Currently located on the West Coast of FL, this car was a California car and has never seen any of the rust inducing environments. In fact we only drive the car on fair weather, no rain days which if you know Florida, is not often.

I am not looking for trades only interested in the sale of this vehicle.

Price: $74,999

Click here for photos (19) and to contact the seller.

Your Internet destination for buying and selling Corvettes.

Read My Corvette Blog

Last edited by Keith@VetteFinders; 05-08-2021 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Sold!
Old 05-08-2021, 07:57 AM
V1Rotate
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Keith,

I don’t see the car on your website just yet.

cheers
dave
Old 05-08-2021, 08:35 AM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Guys, the VetteFinders post above is almost 6 years old. I'm sure this car has long been sold.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Keith@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 208 Likes on 60 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks for the interest, but this car is no longer available.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Convertible in FL - $74,999

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Convertible in FL - $74,999