Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

For Sale 1957 Corvette, period piece

Old 10-16-2015, 08:12 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

Default For Sale 1957 Corvette, period piece

This 57 sat in clean dry storage from 1975 to 2014. It is a typical late-60's/early 70's driven and used Corvette. The car runs and drives, but needs some final sorting out before being driven any distance. I've driven it about 15 miles. I'm selling because I bought a 62 and am running out of room. When I found it, the motor (non-original)that was in in was not worth using after sitting for 40 years. I replaced it with a new 350 crate motor with 3-year GM guarantee, BW 4-speed. All new off-road exhaust. New brake master and wheel cylinders, hoses, shoes, etc. This was originally a red/red car, not fuel injected. Price is $36,900. Payment will need to be cash or wire transfer. Please email me for more information. Several have asked how to email me. You can click on the 62corvette and email me that way, or mikeerns (at) wi.rr.com
DEPOSIT RECEIVED, FULL PAYMENT RECEIVED. CAR IS SOLD AND ON ITS WAY TO MISSOURI. Thanks, Nathan!
I'll do my best to give you a good accurate description.
Good title, current, matches original vin tag on cowl.
Body: rear flares. minor previous damage here and there. Doesn't appear to have ever been hit hard, because the frame is straight, solid, and clearly never kinked or repaired. Paint is late 1960's enamel. Pin striping outlines the coves next to the stainless. Spiderweb paint in the coves. All chrome is there except the front horizontals. Windshield and door post chrome really is in very good driver condition. Grille oval has a few pits--no breaks, cracks, etc. Grille bar and teeth are original, as is all other chrome. Front parking lights are new, taillights are rechromed. Hardtop is original to the car, with waffle headliner painted black. Typical crack in back window around the center mount. Brackets for soft top are in the car, but no soft top. I can acquire a soft top from a friend if buyer so desires, at extra cost. Mounting holes for front and rear emblems have been filled.

Interior: All original gauges are there including clock. Speedo works, but is a little bit noisy, tach is not hooked up. Radio is gone. amp, temp, fuel, oil gauges work. Door panels and dash have been painted black--door panels have waffle pattern. Seats and seat frames are in good condition. Original 4-speed shifter, although this car is too early for a 4-speed from the factory. New plugs, wires, cap, points, etc. Runs cool with original radiator. Clutch disc and throwout bearing are new, and pressure plate was resurfaced. Steering wheel is black 60-62 wheel, same type as 57, but molded black, not painted.

Mechanicals: Good brakes as mentioned above. Nice sounding new exhaust front to back. Crate motor with 63 intake, AFB carb, repro 58-62 air cleaner that I added. Cast iron case Borg-Warner 4-speed shifts well. Steering is excellent with no flat spots. Tires are brand new--wheels are 15" rear, 14" front. Frame has some surface rust from 58 years of life, but is solid and straight. Rear crossmember was replaced some time a long time ago. Rear end is either 3:36 or 3:55 open. Tach drive generator rebuilt and tach drive works. Chrome reversed wheel in trunk as a spare--no trunk mat. Plywood cover is painted same color as trunk and exterior of car. Rear springs are still originals.
SECOND PICTURE IS AS FOUND IN STORAGE.

Last edited by 62corvette; 10-24-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 10-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Driver 58
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mike,
I saw your “57 Corvette for sale on Corvette Forum.
Not sure if you still have it or not.
I would be interested in it if it’s still for sale.
Thank you,
Dave
414-702-4033
Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

whats the hP of the crate engine? What exactly needs sorting out to drive it?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:05 AM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

Car is sold.
Sixth sentence of first paragraph, capitol letters.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Car is sold.
Sixth sentence of first paragraph, capitol letters.

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale 1957 Corvette, period piece

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Sale 1957 Corvette, period piece