Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

67 Convertible Project For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 12:11 AM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Default 67 Convertible Project For Sale

I have a 67 project with no time to complete. You can purchase for $60k which is far less than what I have in the project or you can purchase just the body or just the chassis for half that amount.

The bodywork is near complete, needs final sand and paint. The frontend was replaced with a Sermersheim and the rear quarters are the GTS fenders that add an inch and half for wider tires and stance. The replacement of the body panels was done on the chassis to insure proper fit by a professional restoration shop. Chassis was already restored at that point, so body was removed again for gapping and sanding.

Painter says good candidate for black car as the lines are straight, panels flat, doors open and close with one finger.

http://www.scorvette.com
http://www.gtscustoms.com/parts.html

A new BB chassis was built for the project by America's Finest Corvettes to NCRS standards with all proper components and markings. The original frame just wasn't something I wanted to take forward with this project as it was too far gone for me. I donated it to a local Corvette shop for use as a body dolly.

http://www.corvetteusa.com

The motor is a new ZZ 427 crate motor from GMPP that has been outfitted with original 67 tri-power setup that is mated to a TREMEC TKO-600. The rear end is an original rebuilt 3.73. It's ready to drop the body on and begin assembly. The original tri-power setup was purchased from Cranes Corvettes. I bought one from them for an earlier project and never had any troubles with it. The transmission was purchased from a fellow forum member who never installed it.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...ck-zz-427.html
http://www.cranescorvette.com/tri_powers.htm

Asking $30k for the body and $30k for the chassis with driveline. Prefer to sell together, but will separate. If you have been wanting to upgrade your small block car to a big block there is more to it than dropping a bigger motor, such as springs, shocks and sways. Start with my chassis and sell your small block setup and be time and money ahead. Likewise, if your body has been hit or bird cage rusted out you can start fresh with this extremely straight 67 body.

The body includes the unrestored vent window frames with vent glass and side glass with carriers and wipes. Also restored headlight buckets with mounts are included. The chassis includes choice of original DC rally wheels with original trim rings plus tires or 18x8 rear and 17x7 front TT2's with tires. Side pipes in photo are Sweet Thunder for original sound, but can swap for Ultra-Quiets that I tried on my 65, but went with original sound in the end.

If body and chassis are purchased together the purchase will include the following list of additional parts at no additional cost.

1. Restored Dash with new Al Knoch dash pads (black).
2. Restored BB Gauge Cluster with rare Speed Minder and Glovebox.
3. Original Headrest Seats with Al Knoch cushions and covers (black) with all small assembly hardware.
4. Original Restored Center Console (black).
5. Dewitt BB Aluminum Radiator w/ original BB cowl.
6. Original restored and/or NOS Door Handles inside and out (black).
7. All interior *****, dials, cigarette lighter (black).
8. Original restored rearview and sideview mirrors.
9. Restored Convertible top frame.
10. Exterior Badges and Emblems.
11. Restored windshield interior chrome, interior bottom bow and exterior stainless pieces.
12. Head Lights with all parts and trim.
13. Long Island Tail Lights.

Located in Kansas City, PM if any interest.

If you have an iPhone/iPad we can do a FaceTime show-and-tell.

Last edited by fullcontrol; 10-21-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Add More Info
Old 10-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,944 Likes on 4,783 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

good looking project but a couple of questions that should help with the sell. one whats the deal the tank sticker on a new tank? and whats on the trim tag?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:49 AM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
good looking project but a couple of questions that should help with the sell. one whats the deal the tank sticker on a new tank? and whats on the trim tag?
The trim tag was bogus, the motor was faked, the chassis was worthless and the tank sheet an obvious reproduction. My restoration includes a modern driveline and wider than normal rear fenders. Any concern for originality is moot.

If you're looking to build an original car then this project is the farthest thing from it. However, as you can see from the photos, it will make a fantastic resto-mod or show car.

I've already completed one and love my "never-will-be-ncrs-correct" car with it's ZZ427/tripower setup. It runs like a big monkey with a stripe on its backside and shows like a diamond at the meets.

Thanks for the question Nowhere Man. PM if you have any interest.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:51 PM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default remaining parts

does anything else come with it ? dash ,glass lights...??
door handles wing windows?
I think your motor is pretty tri power looking ...but inside wow ON THE MONKEY..looks really nice...that set up in your 65..I think Ill bet its a screamer when fully under power

Originally Posted by fullcontrol
The trim tag was bogus, the motor was faked, the chassis was worthless and the tank sheet an obvious reproduction. My restoration includes a modern driveline and wider than normal rear fenders. Any concern for originality is moot.

If you're looking to build an original car then this project is the farthest thing from it. However, as you can see from the photos, it will make a fantastic resto-mod or show car.

I've already completed one and love my "never-will-be-ncrs-correct" car with it's ZZ427/tripower setup. It runs like a big monkey with a stripe on its backside and shows like a diamond at the meets.

Thanks for the question Nowhere Man. PM if you have any interest.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Do want!

But I better keep my wife!

I think there is potential for lots of interest in this sale, but as others have noted, some more details are needed,

I would love to have the flexibility to grab this car. GLWS.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:12 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bluzrocker
does anything else come with it ? dash ,glass lights...??
door handles wing windows?
I think your motor is pretty tri power looking ...but inside wow ON THE MONKEY..looks really nice...that set up in your 65..I think Ill bet its a screamer when fully under power
The motor looks pretty under the hood too!

Selling the body and chassis, preferably together, but not a requirement. I have collected hundreds of terrific parts for this build that could be used to complete this or any project. PM to discuss.

Thanks for question bluzrocker!

Last edited by fullcontrol; 10-18-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:13 PM
64redresto
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to build a restored looking for body without chassis

Hi,

I am very interested in the body. I am looking to build a restomod with an SRIII chassis and LS3. If you were to sell the body separate from the chasis, would you consider selling some of the interior components as well?
Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default your motor

any Idea[ of the power numbers on the ZZ?
HP@ ??RPM.and TORQUE @??..sure does look nice and exhaust headers wow>>

TX
Bluzrocker

QUOTE=fullcontrol;1590716496]I have a 67 project with no time to complete. You can purchase for $60k which is far less than what I have in the project or you can purchase just the body or just the chassis for half that amount.

The bodywork is near complete, needs final sand and paint. The frontend was replaced with a Sermersheim and the rear quarters are the GTS fenders that add an inch and half for wider tires and stance. The replacement of the body panels was done on the chassis to insure proper fit by a professional restoration shop. Chassis was already restored at that point, so body was removed again for gapping and sanding.

Painter says good candidate for black car as the lines are straight, panels flat, doors open and close with one finger.

http://www.scorvette.com
http://www.gtscustoms.com/parts.html

A new BB chassis was built for the project by America's Finest Corvettes to NCRS standards with all proper components and markings. The original frame just wasn't something I wanted to take forward with this project as it was too far gone for me. I donated it to a local Corvette shop for use as a body dolly.

http://www.corvetteusa.com

The motor is a new ZZ 427 crate motor from GMPP that has been outfitted with original 67 tri-power setup that is mated to a TREMEC TKO-600. The rear end is an original rebuilt 3.73. It's ready to drop the body on and begin assembly. The original tri-power setup was purchased from Cranes Corvettes. I bought one from them for an earlier project and never had any troubles with it. The transmission was purchased from a fellow forum member who never installed it.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...ck-zz-427.html
http://www.cranescorvette.com/tri_powers.htm

Asking $30k for the body and $30k for the chassis with driveline. Prefer to sell together, but will separate. If you have been wanting to upgrade your small block car to a big block there is more to it than dropping a bigger motor, such as springs, shocks and sways. Start with my chassis and sell your small block setup and be time and money ahead. Likewise, if your body has been hit or bird cage rusted out you can start fresh with this extremely straight 67 body.

The body includes the unrestored vent window frames with vent glass and side glass with carriers and wipes. Also restored headlight buckets with mounts are included. The chassis includes choice of original DC rally wheels with original trim rings plus tires or 18x8 rear and 17x7 front TT2's with tires. Side pipes in photo are Sweet Thunder for original sound, but can swap for Ultra-Quiets that I tried on my 65, but went with original sound in the end.

If body and chassis are purchased together the purchase will include the following list of additional parts at no additional cost.

1. Restored Dash with new Al Knoch dash pads (black).
2. Restored BB Gauge Cluster with rare Speed Minder and Glovebox.
3. Original Headrest Seats with Al Knoch cushions and covers (black) with all small assembly hardware.
4. Original Restored Center Console (black).
5. Dewitt BB Aluminum Radiator w/ original BB cowl.
6. Original restored and/or NOS Door Handles inside and out (black).
7. All interior *****, dials, cigarette lighter (black).
8. Original restored rearview and sideview mirrors.
9. Restored Convertible top frame.
10. Exterior Badges and Emblems.
11. Restored windshield interior chrome, interior bottom bow and exterior stainless pieces.
12. Head Lights with all parts and trim.
13. Long Island Tail Lights.

Located in Kansas City, PM if any interest.

If you have an iPhone/iPad we can do a FaceTime show-and-tell.

[/QUOTE]
Old 11-01-2015, 11:32 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 64redresto
Hi,

I am very interested in the body. I am looking to build a restomod with an SRIII chassis and LS3. If you were to sell the body separate from the chasis, would you consider selling some of the interior components as well?

PM to discuss.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:57 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the private messages expressing interest! Still available.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:08 AM
64redresto
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still available?

Originally Posted by fullcontrol
Thanks for the private messages expressing interest! Still available.
Is this car still available for sale?
Would you still consider selling the body separate from the chassis?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 64redresto
Is this car still available for sale?
Would you still consider selling the body separate from the chassis?
Thanks for the interest 64redresto! You will read in my post that I priced the body and chassis separately.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 648 Likes on 277 Posts

I'll bring this back to the top for Chuck. Does anyone have any remote interest in just the rolling chassis and/or motor and/or trans?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 AM
6850mike
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 67

I thought the motor/tranny was sold? Is that not the case?????

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Convertible Project For Sale

Quick Reply: 67 Convertible Project For Sale