Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1954 corvette for sale $49,500

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 12:38 PM
fsdemasi
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1954 corvette for sale $49,500

1954 Corvette for sale at $49,500. I m a mechanical engineer who has owned and cared for the car since 1968. I restored the car between 1968 and 1976, during which time I also lightly modified the car. Except for the engine block, and Powerglide transmission I saved all of the original OEM parts that were removed prior to modification. This car would be an excellent choice for someone who wants to have a ready to enjoy example or a starting point for an easy restoration project.

I have a professional appraisal report, which I will provide to potential buyers. I also can provide more photos. Price is $49,500, including spares as described below plus some more. Please reply to me with an email or phone number where I may reach you.

Engine and drivetrain. The original 235 cubic inch block has been replaced with a 261 Cu In “Job Master” short block purchased from Chevrolet in 1974. The 261 uses same camshaft as 1954 Corvette engine and required no alteration to the engine compartment or engine mounts. It was a totally bolt-in conversion, which appears stock. All of the original engine parts, including the water pump, carburetors, intake and exhaust manifolds and cylinder head were retrofitted to the 261 block without alteration. The engine has an estimated 5,000 miles since it was installed over 40 years ago. The pictures show aftermarket air cleaners on original triple Carter YH side draft carburetors. However, the original dual filter air cleaner assembly, along with other original parts, comes with the car. There is a custom exhaust on the car now, but a new OEM system also comes with the car. The transmission was converted from the original Powerglide to a three-speed manual using period OEM parts. The rear axle is original.

Chassis. The undercarriage and suspension were reconditioned when I restored the car in the 1968-76 time period. This included new kingpins, bushings and 1957 Corvette front and rear springs and shocks. The Frame is rust-free. I also upgraded the front sway bar (bushings and links) and replaced all of the wheel cylinders and brake shoes approximately 3,000 miles after the restoration. The battery is a 6/12 volt unit, which runs normally at 6 volts, but which switches to 12 volts for starting. This arrangement provides totally reliable starting.

Body exterior. The color was changed from Polo White to Sportsman Red, a period correct color, during the 1968-76 restoration. The car has never been in a serious accident. The fiberglass is all original, and only required minor repair (no bondo) during the restoration. The paint is lacquer, which shows some crazing in places, but which polishes up well. Chrome and stainless trim is original and in fine condition. The car has aftermarket (American Racing) simulated knock off wheels. The original color rims, whitewall tires and wheel covers look great and come with the car. All lights function properly. A new windshield was installed during the restoration. The original canvas top and frame are not installed, but come with the car. The original canvas is, in poor condition but the frame is clean and intact. The original side curtains are in good condition. The car also includes a period, rare, “Scott” aftermarket hardtop.

Body interior. The dash and gauges look great, the speedometer, odometer and tachometer, are not working but readily repairable... The interior color changed from red to black. Seats rebuilt with new coil springs and recovered with exact repro covers. The steering wheel in the car is from a 57 Corvette. The original steering wheel and horn ring come with the car. Interior surfaces and carpeting are in excellent condition.

Highlights: original valve cover, lower ignition cover; complete new OEM exhaust; Mallory tach drive distributor; interior light housings; heater core; windshield washer bottle and holder; miscellaneous brake carburetor and 6-volt starter parts; others as described above come with the car.
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:46 AM
CrossedUp
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 155 Posts

Beautiful car. Nice touch with the spinners with matching paint on them. GLWS

-Doug

Last edited by CrossedUp; 07-21-2016 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:46 AM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,389 Likes on 920 Posts

This looks like a very classy Corvette. Any chance you could post some more photos? I'm impressed with what you did with this car. A very nicely done car with mild custom touches.

Live well,

SJW
Old 07-21-2016, 10:19 PM
teflonjohn
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally agree.....nice looking car, please post more pics......
Old 07-23-2016, 10:35 AM
fsdemasi
6th Gear

Default 54 vette for sale

Originally Posted by CrossedUp
Beautiful car. Nice touch with the spinners with matching paint on them. GLWS

-Doug
Thanks Doug,

I used red reflective tape. I always liked the look of the old Kidney Bean knock off wheels used on early 50's race cars. American Racing does a great job with this wheel and simulated knock offs.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:05 PM
fsdemasi
6th Gear

Default 54 corvette for sale

Originally Posted by SJW
This looks like a very classy Corvette. Any chance you could post some more photos? I'm impressed with what you did with this car. A very nicely done car with mild custom touches.

Live well,

SJW
Thank you SJW. I have posted more pictures at the gallery. You might like the look of the Scott Hardtop.

Frank D..
Old 07-24-2016, 07:16 AM
SIXTYTWO
Melting Slicks

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Default 54

Originally Posted by fsdemasi
1954 Corvette for sale at $49,500. I m a mechanical engineer who has owned and cared for the car since 1968. I restored the car between 1968 and 1976, during which time I also lightly modified the car to suit my taste emulating early corvette experimental race cars. Except for the engine block, and Powerglide transmission I saved all of the original OEM parts that were removed prior to modification. This car would be an excellent choice equally for someone who wants to have a ready to enjoy example or a starting point for an easy restoration project.

I have a professional appraisal report, which I will provide to potential buyers. I also can provide more photos.

Price is $49,500, including spares as described below plus some more. Please reply to me with an email or phone number where I may reach you.

Engine and drivetrain. The original 235 cubic inch block has been replaced with a period correct 261 “Job Master” short block purchased from Chevrolet in 1974. The 261 incorporated the same camshaft as the 1954 Corvette engine and required no alteration to the engine compartment or engine mounts. It was a totally bolt-in conversion, which appears stock. All of the original engine parts, including the water pump, carburetors, intake and exhaust manifolds and cylinder head were retrofitted to the 261 block without alteration. The engine has an estimated 5,000 miles since it was installed over 40 years ago. The pictures show aftermarket air cleaners on original triple Carter YH side draft carburetors. However, the original dual filter air cleaner assembly, along with other original parts, comes with the car. There is a custom exhaust on the car now, but a new OEM system also comes with the car. The transmission was converted from the original Powerglide to a three-speed manual using period OEM parts. The rear axle is original.

Chassis. The undercarriage and suspension were reconditioned when I restored the car in the 1968-76 time period. This included new kingpins, bushings and 1957 Corvette front and rear springs and shocks. The chassis has only light corrosion, no serious rust. The doglegs are rust-free. I also upgraded the front sway bar (bushings and links) and replaced all of the wheel cylinders and brake shoes approximately 3,000 miles after the restoration. The battery is a 6/12 volt unit, which runs normally at 6 volts, but which switches to 12 volts for starting. This arrangement provides totally reliable starting.

Body exterior. The color was changed from Polo White to Sportsman Red, a period correct color, during the 1968-76 restoration. The car has never been in a serious accident. The fiberglass is all original, and only required minor repair (no bondo) during the restoration. The paint is lacquer, which shows some crazing in places, but which polishes up well. Chrome and stainless trim is original and in fine condition. The car has aftermarket (American Racing) simulated knock off wheels, which are attractive. The original color keyed rims, whitewall tires and wheel covers look great and come with the car. All lights function properly. A new windshield was installed during the restoration. The original canvas top and frame are not installed, but come with the car. The original canvas is, not surprisingly, in poor condition but the frame is clean and intact. The original side curtains are in good condition. The car also includes a period, rare, “Scott” aftermarket hardtop.

Body interior. The dash and gauges look great, but some of the gauges, including the speedometer, odometer and tachometer, are not working but readily repairable... The interior color has been changed from red to black. Seats were rebuilt with new coil springs and recovered with exact repro covers. The steering wheel in the car is from a 1957 model. The original steering wheel and horn ring come with the car. Interior surfaces and carpeting are in excellent condition, with only minor wear on the driver seat.

Spare parts/extras. There are many spare parts with this car. Highlights: original valve cover, lower ignition cover; complete new OEM exhaust; Mallory tach drive distributor; interior light housings; heater core; windshield washer bottle and holder; miscellaneous brake carburetor and 6-volt starter parts; others as described above.
This car is gorgeous
Old 08-03-2016, 01:25 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice looking car, I live in Wayland and my in laws live in Welesley. Never see ya driving around. Looks almost like Wellesely Hills. GLWS!
Great picture with ZORA!! Drink in hand no less!!

Last edited by bjm; 08-03-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1954 corvette for sale $49,500

Quick Reply: 1954 corvette for sale $49,500