Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1967 427 Coupe Three Times NCRS TOP FLIGHT AWARDS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM
jsmcol
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, what a beautiful car, and tremendously detailed restoration. It costs so much to restore these cars to this level, someone is going to get a great car!
GLWS...
Old 03-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmcol
Wow, what a beautiful car, and tremendously detailed restoration. It costs so much to restore these cars to this level, someone is going to get a great car!
GLWS...
Thank you, jsmcol. 😁

Vern
Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Ttt
Old 03-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Vernon
Drifting

There's been lots of interest in my car since the original sale post in December; a couple of offers but no firm sale.

To help spread the word about this beautiful car, I'm offering a

$3000.00 U.S. Referral fee for any one who brings me a firm purchaser.

PRICE REDUCTION TO $123,000 U.S. for this 3X NCRS Top Flight, #1 quality, fully restored, numbers matching 427 coupe.

Contact me via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message and contact phone number at
647-221-1635.

Last edited by Vernon; 03-29-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Originally Posted by vernon
There's been lots of interest in my car since the original sale post in December; a couple of offers but no firm sale.

To help spread the word about this beautiful car, I'm offering a

$3000.00 U.S. Referral fee for any one who brings me a firm purchaser.

Price reduction to $123,000 U.S. (was $135k U.S.) for this 3x NCRS Top Flight, #1 quality, fully restored, numbers matching 427 coupe.

Contact me via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on corvette forum, or text/leave a voice mail message and contact phone number at
647-221-1635.

ttt
Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Vernon
Drifting

PENDING SALE after on site inspection!
Will confirm sale in the near future.

Yes, it's a beauty!!!

Thank you to Corvette Forum for the sales medium, and thank you all for your interest in this investment quality '67 427 coupe.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:41 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Well, the PENDING SALE fell through.
The prospective buyer's "better half" had different plans for spending this amount of money.

And so, it's back FOR SALE as previously advertised.

$123,000 U.S. (reduced from $135K U.S.).

I will consider all FIRM and REASONABLE OFFERS for this very high quality, full frame-off restoration, numbers matching, 3X NCRS Top Flight '67 427 coupe.

Contact me via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message at 647-221-1635.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Vernon
Drifting

I will consider all FIRM and REASONABLE OFFERS for this very high quality, full frame-off restoration, numbers matching, 3X NCRS Top Flight '67 427 coupe.

Contact me via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message at
647-221-1635.

THIS IS A GORGEOUS CAR!
Arrange to see it in person.

Vehicle comes with both sets of wheels and tires.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Vernon
Drifting

I've expanded the marketing of my car and have placed an ad on VetteFinders.
If interested, here's the link...

http://www.vettefinders.com/index.cf...e-for-sale.htm

The $3000.00 referral fee still applies to a Corvette Forum sourced sale.

Vern
Old 04-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Enzo Colosimo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 67 Coupe

Originally Posted by Vernon
Thank you!
This car is on the money.... Vern is a member of my NCRS chapter and this car is gorgeous in pictures and amazing in person... check it out a great buy GLWS ENZZ06/67
The following users liked this post:
Vernon (04-02-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Stamp

Originally Posted by Enzo Colosimo
This car is on the money.... Vern is a member of my NCRS chapter and this car is gorgeous in pictures and amazing in person... check it out a great buy GLWS ENZZ06/67
Nice '67. Love the green with the black/white interior. Doesn't get much prettier. Restoration engine or original engine?
Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Originally Posted by Midyrman
Nice '67. Love the green with the black/white interior. Doesn't get much prettier. Restoration engine or original engine?
Thank you for the compliments.

Prior to purchasing the vehicle from the previous owner, I too wanted to know if the power train, including the engine, was "original" to the car.
This would be necessary to support the investment quality of the vehicle.

The previous owner confirmed that it was the "original" engine. However, the engine was rebuilt at some point prior to their ownership, likely in the 80's, and was decked.
With the recent frame-off restoration, the engine received a full restoration. The block was restamped using the correct broach markings and characters. I have posted supporting pics in this thread.
The transmission and rear are original to the car (and restored).
The trim and VIN tag are original to the car.
The tank sticker is original, etc.

Prior to the recent meticulous nut-and-bolt frame-off restoration (in excess of $100K), the car was a very original, no hit fiberglass body.

I say meticulous since the restoration was completed with removal, restoration, and replacement of ~90% original parts. Even the shocks are original, correctly restored and have the original Julian date codes, a hard find on any high dollar restoration '67 Corvette.
This level of restoration detail is expensive.

The NCRS judges praise the correctness and assembly of this beauty.

And the car is a pleasure to drive; it's 427 BIG BLOCK fast.

To close, since I am not the original and only owner of this 50 year old vehicle - with firsthand knowledge of the vehicle history - I have chosen to advertise this vehicle as "Numbers Matching".
Based on previous owner assurances and documentation, I believe the engine is original.

Hope this helps.
Vern

pics description below:
1 - engine stamp pad as it is presently

2 - engine stamp pad at start of engine restoration

3 - engine pulled at start of restoration

Attached Images   

Last edited by Vernon; 04-02-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 AM
macdabs
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Prior to purchasing the vehicle from the previous owner, I too wanted to know if the power train, including the engine, was "original" to the car.
This would be necessary to support the investment quality of the vehicle.

The previous owner confirmed that it was the "original" engine. However, the engine was rebuilt at some point prior to their ownership, likely in the 80's, and was decked.
With the recent frame-off restoration, the engine received a full restoration. The block was restamped using the correct broach markings and characters. I have posted supporting pics in this thread.
The transmission and rear are original to the car (and restored).
The trim and VIN tag are original to the car.
The tank sticker is original, etc.

Prior to the recent meticulous nut-and-bolt frame-off restoration (in excess of $100K), the car was a very original, no hit fiberglass body.

I say meticulous since the restoration was completed with removal, restoration, and replacement of ~90% original parts. Even the shocks are original, correctly restored and have the original Julian date codes, a hard find on any high dollar restoration '67 Corvette.
This level of restoration detail is expensive.

The NCRS judges praise the correctness and assembly of this beauty.

And the car is a pleasure to drive; it's 427 BIG BLOCK fast.

To close, since I am not the original and only owner of this 50 year old vehicle - with firsthand knowledge of the vehicle history - I have chosen to advertise this vehicle as "Numbers Matching".
Based on previous owner assurances and documentation, I believe the engine is original.

Hope this helps.
Vern
I'm a little confused and disappointed . I understand the engine was decked and the engine block may be or may not be the born with block but I thought under NCRS re stamping was not allowed .
Old 04-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Originally Posted by macdabs
I'm a little confused and disappointed . I understand the engine was decked and the engine block may be or may not be the born with block but I thought under NCRS re stamping was not allowed .
The NCRS provides volumes of information to help owners understand the process.
Completely unrelated to my vehicle's sale, as a Corvette enthusiast, I encourage you to peruse the NCRS site for more information...
http://www.ncrs.org/index.php

Here's some excerpts that might help with your confusion and disappointment:

The NCRS has compiled and is constantly updating highly detailed judging standards and rules for each basic model division from 1953 through 1999. The guidelines in these NCRS Technical Information Manuals are recognized throughout the hobby as THE STANDARD in determining originality.

The judging system is designed to educate each owner about their car as well as providing recognition for excellence in the areas of restoration, performance, or preservation. It is not a “cleanliness contest” like other events, nor do you compete against your friends' Corvettes. Judging is not done by some secret group of “experts”.

You can learn to judge, or you can have your Corvette evaluated by other NCRS members. 10,248 members are currently recognized for their judging expertise. They have created 27,191 NCRS judging records through NCRS events internationally to date.

Stampings:

Please make sure your engine pad is free of all grease and dirt before arriving for judging. 1953 through 1976 must also be free of all paint. However, be cautious. Do not use tools or chemicals that could damage the pad finish. A painted, or otherwise obscured engine pad is an automatic 38 point deduction.

It may be necessary to lift a tracing of your engine pad. This is done by rubbing a pencil over Scotch tape placed on the pad. This causes no harm to the engine pad and will allow the judges to examine a clear impression of the pad.

Definitions of Counterfeit vs. Restoration

NCRS does not consider the restoration or replacement of components as counterfeit as long as the intent is to restore the car to its former or original state as it left the factory.

To make this perfectly clear, read the following definitions from Webster's Dictionary and the accompanying examples.

Restore:
"To renew; to put back into existence or bring back to a former or original state".
For instance, the following examples represent restorations and are not considered counterfeiting:

Repainting an original black Corvette with black lacquer paint.
Installing accurately reproduced black vinyl seat covers in a car that left the factory with a standard black interior.
Counterfeit:
"To make an imitation of something else with the intent to deceive or defraud".
For instance, the following would be examples of counterfeiting:

Repainting an original blue car red and changing the trim tag to make red appear to be the original color.
Installing a red interior in a car that left the factory with a blue interior and changing the trim tag to make red appear to be the original color interior.
Replacing the engine of an original small block Corvette with a big block and stamping numbers on it to make it appear to be an original big block engine.
Replacing the carburetor on an engine with a fuel injection unit and stamping the numbers and suffix code on the block to make it appear to be original.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Enzo Colosimo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 67 coupe

The NCRS provides volumes of information to help owners understand the process.
Completely unrelated to my vehicle's sale, as a Corvette enthusiast, I encourage you to peruse the NCRS site for more information...
http://www.ncrs.org/index.php

Here's some excerpts that might help with your confusion and disappointment:

The NCRS has compiled and is constantly updating highly detailed judging standards and rules for each basic model division from 1953 through 1999. The guidelines in these NCRS Technical Information Manuals are recognized throughout the hobby as THE STANDARD in determining originality.

The judging system is designed to educate each owner about their car as well as providing recognition for excellence in the areas of restoration, performance, or preservation. It is not a “cleanliness contest” like other events, nor do you compete against your friends' Corvettes. Judging is not done by some secret group of “experts”.

You can learn to judge, or you can have your Corvette evaluated by other NCRS members. 10,248 members are currently recognized for their judging expertise. They have created 27,191 NCRS judging records through NCRS events internationally to date.

Stampings:

Please make sure your engine pad is free of all grease and dirt before arriving for judging. 1953 through 1976 must also be free of all paint. However, be cautious. Do not use tools or chemicals that could damage the pad finish. A painted, or otherwise obscured engine pad is an automatic 38 point deduction.

It may be necessary to lift a tracing of your engine pad. This is done by rubbing a pencil over Scotch tape placed on the pad. This causes no harm to the engine pad and will allow the judges to examine a clear impression of the pad.

Definitions of Counterfeit vs. Restoration

NCRS does not consider the restoration or replacement of components as counterfeit as long as the intent is to restore the car to its former or original state as it left the factory.

To make this perfectly clear, read the following definitions from Webster's Dictionary and the accompanying examples.

Restore:
"To renew; to put back into existence or bring back to a former or original state".
For instance, the following examples represent restorations and are not considered counterfeiting:

Repainting an original black Corvette with black lacquer paint.
Installing accurately reproduced black vinyl seat covers in a car that left the factory with a standard black interior.
Counterfeit:
"To make an imitation of something else with the intent to deceive or defraud".
For instance, the following would be examples of counterfeiting:

Repainting an original blue car red and changing the trim tag to make red appear to be the original color.
Installing a red interior in a car that left the factory with a blue interior and changing the trim tag to make red appear to be the original color interior.
Replacing the engine of an original small block Corvette with a big block and stamping numbers on it to make it appear to be an original big block engine.
Replacing the carburetor on an engine with a fuel injection unit and stamping the numbers and suffix code on the block to make it appear to be original.
Well said Vern... there are a lot of fisherman on this site and just want to be difficult... like you said..... to PM you and you would disclose all the information at the buyers request... Again you have a great car and someone will show you the money... GLWS ENZZ06/67.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Vernon
Drifting

We share a passion for cars, and in particular, Corvettes.

This one is a Beauty.

Contact me via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message at
647-221-1635.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Vernon
Drifting

647-221-1635.

THIS IS A GORGEOUS CAR!

All inquiries have been answered. Still for sale.

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 427 Coupe Three Times NCRS TOP FLIGHT AWARDS

Old 04-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Attached is more evidence of the fantastic documentation for my fully restored '67 427 coupe...an investment grade vehicle with over $100K in restoration expenses!

Here are more photos of the 427 engine in my car including my engine's casting date (C 31 7 for my car built May 2, 1967), the 427 casting number (3904351), and similar post engine restoration photos.

As mentioned many times in this thread, it's a BEAUTY.
And I expect the new owner will value and appreciate the high level of documentation detail and restoration quality as part of the vehicle's beauty.

$123,000 U.S. (reduced from $135K U.S.) is alot of money...for alot of car!

647-221-1635.
Attached Images        
Old 04-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Vernon
Drifting

I have an opportunity that I wish to pursue therefore I am reducing the price of this tremendous car to free up cash and sell at a price lower than I ever thought I'd consider...my wife says I'm

Reduced to $110K U.S. FIRM

First Come, First Serve

(reduced from $135K to $123K, and now this rock bottom price, $110K)

This is a beauty with restoration costs in excess of $100K...perfect for Bloomington Gold!

Corvette Forum Referral fee no longer applies.

With nearly 15000 views on Corvette Forum and lots of private message, text, and phone inquiries, including "if it was a little less expensive, I'd come to see the car..."
If you've been on the fence, well, here's your opportunity!

And this price is only for a Corvette Forum sourced buyer so note this fact when contacting me (ie. "saw your ad on CF").

No gimmicks - this is it!

Review this thread and I invite serious buyers at $110K (firm) to contact me asap via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message at 647-221-1635.

647-221-1635.

THIS IS A GORGEOUS CAR!

Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Vernon
Drifting

I have an opportunity that I wish to pursue therefore I am reducing the price of this tremendous car to free up cash and sell at a price lower than I ever thought I'd consider...my wife says I'm

Reduced to $110K U.S. FIRM

First Come, First Serve

(reduced from $135K to $123K, and now this rock bottom price, $110K)

This is a beauty with restoration costs in excess of $100K...perfect for Bloomington Gold!

Corvette Forum Referral fee no longer applies.

With nearly 15000 views on Corvette Forum and lots of private message, text, and phone inquiries, including "if it was a little less expensive, I'd come to see the car..."
If you've been on the fence, well, here's your opportunity!

And this price is only for a Corvette Forum sourced buyer so note this fact when contacting me (ie. "saw your ad on CF").

No gimmicks - this is it!

Review this thread and I invite serious buyers at $110K (firm) to contact me asap via email at vernonsweeney@yahoo.com, private message on Corvette Forum, or text/leave a voice mail message at 647-221-1635.

TO THE TOP TO SELL at $110K U.S. Firm

Quick Reply: 1967 427 Coupe Three Times NCRS TOP FLIGHT AWARDS