Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

For Sale: 1963 Convertible Restomod Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 05:42 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts
Default For Sale: 1963 Convertible Restomod Project

I have too many projects and it is time for me to move on if possible. I have an enormous amount of time in this car already, but obviously it will require a lot more.
Asking $32,000 OBO. If you want the SRIII Chassis to go with it, the price is $56,000
I will include the accessible systems dollie at the above purchase price of $32,000.

Details:
1963 Convertible Original colors are White with Red interior.

-All fiberglass is new minus the firewall, tub, front door jambs, and rocker areas.

-All fiberglass was purchased from sermershiem minus the front end and quarter panels. The front end is a Corvette Image hand laid piece with bonding strips. The louver panels are press molded and so is the hood, which are both from sermershiem. The quarters are from GTS customs and are 1.5" wider than stock.

-The car has been fit to the SRIII chassis with C6 suspension and the tub and rear wheel kit from SRIII have been installed. This combo will allow the use of a convertible top while also providing clearance to run much wider wheels and tires. You should be able to squeeze in at least a 315mm width tire without issue. I put my wheels from my 67 restomod on the car which has 285mm tires and it has 4.25" to spare(my 67 does not have modified inner wheel wells).
I rebuild the birdcage in this car, but did not replace the upper windshield surround. I later discovered that it is bent and will need to be straightened, which is why i have yet to install the front clip.
The wheels pictured with the chassis are not included, but a set of C5 z06 rollers will be included.

Parts included
-63 Gauge cluster(no gauges)
-64-67 Shifter Console
-Headlamp buckets and bezels(metal)
-New door handles and backing plates
-Door weatherstrip
-Convertible top frame
-Vent windows(need to be re-chromed)
-Door channel tracks
-Manual window regulators(if you want them) I was going to convert to power windows
-Hood hinges
-Hood latches
-Glove box frame
-Dash Frame
-Dash Pads(used originals)
and many other small miscellaneous items

Feel free to contact me for more information. It's a big project, but one worth completing.

The following users liked this post:
deerfeeder (02-03-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 05:47 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Here are some more pictures of the car. It is going to Mike at SRIII in April to have the windshield frame inspected and for him to fit it to a new SRIII Chassis with C7 suspension. It will remain for sale, but obviously the price will fluctuate as more is invested.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1963 Convertible Restomod Project