C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Extra wire on 67 C2's with AC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 PM
aquaroscoe
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Extra wire on 67 C2's with AC?

I pulled my clock to do a repair, and I see there is a wire (orange large gauge) that is just sitting there not atached to anything. Also in the area of the heater blower fan, there is a orange wire that is un-terminated. An ohm meter tells me they are the same wire. The wiring diagram shows that the non-AC cars used and orange wire between the blower switch and the blower motor. On AC cars, additional wires are added, and this wire in now purple. Did GM still leave the orange wire in the harness and not use it? Anyone with a late model c2 with AC also have a un-connected orange wire near the blower assy inside the engine bay? I just want to know if I need to search for other reasons for this disconnected wire.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2005, 01:20 AM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaroscoe
I pulled my clock to do a repair, and I see there is a wire (orange large gauge) that is just sitting there not atached to anything. Also in the area of the heater blower fan, there is a orange wire that is un-terminated. An ohm meter tells me they are the same wire. The wiring diagram shows that the non-AC cars used and orange wire between the blower switch and the blower motor. On AC cars, additional wires are added, and this wire in now purple. Did GM still leave the orange wire in the harness and not use it? Anyone with a late model c2 with AC also have a un-connected orange wire near the blower assy inside the engine bay? I just want to know if I need to search for other reasons for this disconnected wire.
Thanks
When AC was ordered the factory had to add an additonal wire harness. This harness took over some of the functions of the main dash harness for heater/AC controls, so there were some extra unused wires left on the dash harness. The orange wire you see by the blower motor is one of these; there should also be a double black wire coming out of the same heater/AC harness there; both the orange and double black wires went to the blower motor. The line workers cut these unused wires off. The other end of these unused wires is in the center and right side of the console area, so an orange one of those is what you're seeing by the clock. I just replaced all the harness on my factory AC 67 so I've a little too familiar with all those wires in the past week!
Old 02-26-2005, 11:54 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

You'll see the instructions for the harness rework in the Assembly Manual (Section C60, Sheet E8).

Get notified of new replies

To Extra wire on 67 C2's with AC?

Quick Reply: Extra wire on 67 C2's with AC?