C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Rarity Question (1965)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
MikeW1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rarity Question (1965)

Hi, I recently purchased a 1965 coupe, the origianl colors are black on white (killer combo). Anyway the car is equipped with the "disc brake delete option" I believe this came on only 316 cars.

I know options are everything on corvettes, would anyone care to speculate on the desireability of this car? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, are there any 63/64 owners who have found a nice tire wheel combo for their cars. I am interested in putting on a Torque Thrust type of rim and a more modern tire. I would also like to increase the rim size a little. Thanks in advance.

I am in Northern NJ and can be reached at 973-865-6491.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldnt think that a disk brake delete car would be more desirable than one with disk brakes, rare or not. Rare and desirable are two different things. The color and interior combination sounds nice, and would probably have a positive effect on the value.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
JIMDX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeW1965
Hi, I recently purchased a 1965 coupe, the origianl colors are black on white (killer combo). Anyway the car is equipped with the "disc brake delete option" I believe this came on only 316 cars.

I know options are everything on corvettes, would anyone care to speculate on the desireability of this car? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, are there any 63/64 owners who have found a nice tire wheel combo for their cars. I am interested in putting on a Torque Thrust type of rim and a more modern tire. I would also like to increase the rim size a little. Thanks in advance.

I am in Northern NJ and can be reached at 973-865-6491.
Hey Mike, my 63 is also disc brake "delete"
If you check out "my pictures" you'll see my Radir wheels that are new for the season, period correct and way cool.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:44 AM
stepinwolf
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default You got that right

Originally Posted by wombvette
I wouldnt think that a disk brake delete car would be more desirable than one with disk brakes, rare or not. Rare and desirable are two different things. The color and interior combination sounds nice, and would probably have a positive effect on the value.

I have to agree with wombvette concerning the desirability vs the " rare " issue. I would think that options that tend to decrease the value of a Corvette, should not be considered a selling point, nor something that an eventual buyer would be interested in. You have to have " performance driven " a mid year Corvette with drums on all four corners to appreaciate a rotor setup.

I also think that it would be a waste of money to spend your dollars on better wheels and tires with the drum setup you have, unless you are now running on bias ply tires.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Corbrastang
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry about the brakes. Most 65s that i have seen with the disc brake delete option retain about the same value, but not more. If you choose to update to front disc contact me and i can help you out.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
don peters
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default drum brakes

I too have a 65 disc brake 'delete' car. It is blue with blue interior. Just got tags today for it. I prefer the sound 1 of 316 as opposed to 1 of 3016. I think it is great that we don't all like and enjoy the same things. It would be very crouded if we had the same taste. Enjoy youe ride, and have a smile inside knowing that you chose something different and rare.
Nothing but tail lights.
Don

Last edited by don peters; 04-18-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rarity Question (1965)

Quick Reply: Rarity Question (1965)