C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Headlight adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:44 PM
cline
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight adjustment question

I have a 65 Sting Ray and I need to adjust the stop on the closed position for the left side. It closes about 1/4" too far. What is the easiest way to access these motors to make adjustments to the stop screw?
Old 05-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Frankenvette 63
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1041177
Old 05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

cline, Assuming your car is all together, you will need to reach into the opening between the hood and the front header assembly. I used a mirror taped into position and then you have to look and think backward, but work in the normal direction turning the adjustment stops. Also, make sure you have a bolt through the locking hole on the hood support. Should someone bump the hood and it closes, your arms etc. will be in big trouble. Dennis
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 PM
rick israel
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 coupe

Pls: excuse first time member!

My car has new headlight motors in it. If I were to continuously cycle them, it would run perfectly. If, I leave them closed overnite the right one sticks in the parked position? If, I use the thumb wheel, it will start cycling again? I am wondering if the adjustment screw is where I need to go? They are a pain to get to as I have read over and over on the forum. Am I on the right track here?

My thinking is that the right one is hitting the stop too hard and causes a slight bind?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Welcome to the forum. Any time you have an issue just start a new thread rather then link off of one. This one is going on 7 years old and I just caught it by accident.
The main gear in the gear box may be bad and in need of replacement. If you tackle this, search for the job in the search box "headlight removal". Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight adjustment question

Quick Reply: Headlight adjustment question