C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

A\M gauges in a 60 dash.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 AM
aworks
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Default A\M gauges in a 60 dash.

I'm trying to find a set of gauges that will fit the pod without cutting Inc the tach. They all must be elec. It looks like a 2 inch gauge will fit right in. But before I buy anything I would like to see what some of you have done. I want old fashon SW black gauges. But they do not make anything in two inch. I know someone posted on this before but I can't seem to find anything in the search. Thanks for any help Brian G.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Here is a picture of the gauges I am using in my '59. At first I tried mounting them from the back side of the pod, but there was interference between the back side of fuel gauge and the steel support that anchors the pod. Rather than cut the support, I mounted them from the front side. Actually I think they are easier to read because they don't sit as far back inside the holes as the originals. These gauges are the Autometer Arctic White and they have a bezel similar to the old SW black face gauges. I looked at some other Autometer models and I believe these fit better that the ones with the "rounded" bezels. I did have to file the bottom of the small holes a little but the tach fit fine. The small gauges were listed as 2-1/16" diameter (actually I think this is the hole size since the gauges are not quite that diameter). The tach I used is a model 1398, listed as a 3-1/8".
Charles

Last edited by cbernhardt; 12-21-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

I think Corvette Central has digital C1 gauges.

Doug
Old 12-22-2005, 05:16 AM
aworks
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

That looks real good. I was not sure about the amount of room behind the pod. I'm using SW black face gauges and will try it the way you have yours. That's why I ask, It's good to get ideas from others who have been there. Thanks for the pic. Brian G.

Get notified of new replies

To A\M gauges in a 60 dash.

Quick Reply: A\M gauges in a 60 dash.