C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Vette Bond II bonding adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:01 AM
longbros
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vette Bond II bonding adhesive

Can anyone suggest another supplier for Vette Bond II bonding adhesive other than Corvette Central? I ordered a quart of this bonding adhesive from Corvette Central over two months ago and they now say I may not get it until June or later.
Thanks.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Scott Marzahl
Le Mans Master

Received 194 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Adhesives

Why not just go to your local autobody supply store and buy some "Evercoat Vette Panel Adhesive" or if you want the best stuff, get some Lord Fusor adhesive, I believe "124" adhesive is the one you want but double check with the store but it is spendy stuff.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Power111
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sermersheim sells bonding adhesive.

Phone: 812-424-4701
Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 PM
CorvetteCentral.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Longbros - We have recieved a shipment of Vette Bond in Gallon containers if you would interested.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Seaside63
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know what the shelf life for unopened 1 gal containers of the bonding adhesive is?

Thanks, SS63
Old 05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
CorvetteCentral.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Shelf life - unopened is about a year.

Dan
Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Scott Marzahl
Le Mans Master

Received 194 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Refeer it

Most manufacturers suggest that the shelf life for these types of chemicals is 6 months, however if you keep it in the fridge at 40 degrees F, it will be good for about 1 year.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Seaside63
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I guess that means I need to discard this 11 year old gallon I have sitting around...
Old 05-12-2006, 06:18 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Vette Bond

Hi
I am the supplier of vettebond to corvette central. Sorry for the long backorder but due to the former owners wishes the name MUST be changed . we are in process of sending out the New labels to the manufacture and expect to have product by the end of may.The new name is Fiber Glue has kinda the same label but the prduct is the same.
we just sent CC our last 14 gallons of vettebond last week hope they can fill your backorder with it. Thank you for your paitence. Paul
the corvette shop inc
Old 05-12-2006, 09:26 PM
longbros
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paulywannafly
Hi
I am the supplier of vettebond to corvette central. Sorry for the long backorder but due to the former owners wishes the name MUST be changed . we are in process of sending out the New labels to the manufacture and expect to have product by the end of may.The new name is Fiber Glue has kinda the same label but the prduct is the same.
we just sent CC our last 14 gallons of vettebond last week hope they can fill your backorder with it. Thank you for your paitence. Paul
the corvette shop inc
Hello Paul,

This is Fred, I talked with you yesterday about the Vette Bond II and you explained to me the situation with the name change and when you expect to have the new product available. I didn't know you were on this forum.
As I mentioned yesterday on the phone, I was originally trying to locate a product I had used long ago and really liked that was called "super corvette fill & bonding adhesive II". I believe that the Vette bond II is the same stuff with a different name. But, since I was unsure about it, I decided to order only a quart through Corvette Central and try it, before ordering a gallon or more. I have been waiting for that quart since the first week in March. That is why I called you yesterday, to see what the situation was.
So, as I see it now, I can wait a few weeks, and Corvette Central will fill my order for a quart of "fiber Glue", or I can go ahead and get a gallon of Vette Bond II from Corvette Central as they have indicated above in this thread.
Either way, I am happy to know that the product is still available and will be for a while. Thanks so much for the information and the input.
Fred(longbros)

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Bond II bonding adhesive

Quick Reply: Vette Bond II bonding adhesive