C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Nu Air Fluid Power Body Dollies Bad Experience.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Wilkinshc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Nu Air Fluid Power Body Dollies Bad Experience.

Just would like to past on my bad experience with Nu Air Body Dollies. I call to order a dolly because of a recommendation on this board. When I call they were very polite. I was told that they truck the parts out and shipping is 2 days, sounded great as it was monday and I needed it that weekend which I had to told Tom. Thursday afternoon comes and nothing yet so I called Tom, his reply is it should be there, let me check on it and I will call you back. So friday I call him again because I did not get a call. His reply is, I checked on it and it's in town and is out for delivery. Ok I left it at and hope it shows up. About 4:30 it shows up but its one small box and I ask the guy wheres the rest. That's it. I try calling Tom but it after 5pm their time and their closed. So I make a quick run to the lumber yard to make a dolly.
On to Monday I call Tom and let him know that I recieved just the casters and up rights. He says he'll call the shipper and see what happened and call me right back ( did not get a call back). I decided to call the shipper from the reciept I got also and check on it from this end. Shipper asked if the shrink wrap was intact. I said yes, they ask what color is it. I said clear. They then say it should be all there because if something happened to the crate it would have been rewrapped in green shrink wrap. They said they would look local for anything but to contact the sender so they can start a trace on it. Well Monday goes by and no call back. Tuesday I call Tom again. He say that he contact their shipper and they are looking into it. I ask him if it's possible they didn't ship the rails and he says they went out for sure. I told him about the shrink wrap and the fact the 4 nylon bands were intact also and that there was only 1 crate. He ask what I want him to do. I ask that he takes the dolly back as I built the wooden dolly and refund my money. He says fine. He said he would contact his shipper and file a claim to have them pay the shipping. Now friday comes and I get a call from the shipper saying the rails are in town and they can bring them by, I tell them no and about the problem with their shipping and that Nu Air agreed to take it back and full refund. Wednesday the following week comes, still have 1 box sitting in the office no one picked it up yet and no refund (1 week later). I call Tom and get passed on to his voice mail. I let him know the box is still here and no refund. Thursday about noon I get a call from Tom asking if they picked up the box this morning, I said no, not even a call from shippers. He asks that I call him if they pick it up and when they do he will credit the full refund. Later that afternoon the shipper stop by and picks up the box. I call Tom and tell him they picked it up. He thanks me for the call and states it's late in the day and will credit the refund in the morning, sounds good. Well the next friday comes no calls, no credit so I file a dispute with my credit card company and I deceide I want to hear it from Tom why he has not credit it. Tom tells me they did it this morning and that he just recieved the parts back yesterday. I said that he told me that he promised to credit my card last friday. He said that he didn't.

In short the parts I did recieved looked nice, alot of the problems where the shipper but made worst by Tom not returning calls, not handling things in a timely manner, and not refunding credit as promised. Makes me wonder when the rails that came a week later were actually shipped.

Just my experience with them.

Chuck
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 AM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Chuck, All I can say is it was smart that you used your credit card for this purchase. If you paid by cash or check I have a very strong feeling you would of been out of luck here. I knew right away that your credit card company would stand right behind you right away based on the information you gave us here. I had a similiar situation with Lics a few years ago but the credit card company handled that situation well and I didn't get stuck for something I had not done or had any power over.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

The shippper clearly owns the blame for this one. Tom is a stand-up guy, and is President of NuAir Fluid Power, which is a large company that supplies robotic and automation control systems to the Big 3 plants. He has his guys build the dollies as a non-profit side activity because he loves the hobby, and somehow finds the time to handle the dolly stuff personally during his busy 60-hour-plus work week dealing with sales, design, manufacturing, and on-site installation, debugging, and maintenance training on multi-million dollar automation systems. I'm sure dealing with the shipper's screwup was as frustrating for him as it was for you.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Wilkinshc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

JohnZ,

I don't think I have every found myself with a different opinion then you with the exception of this one. Tom did NOT return calls as promised by him 3 times (never did return a call), did NOT refund payment as promised by him. In my book a standup guy would call you back as promised and refund your payment as he said. He did not.

I understand its a side job and he's a busy man so anybody looking at buying a dolly might keep that in mind. Don't expect call backs or if you need service after the sale be ready to wait.

Chuck
Old 05-22-2006, 03:20 AM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't mean to go against John Z on his thoughts here because he is probably the most respected person on this forum but based on what I have read I am behind Chuck on this one. Not one parts supplier or shipper is perfect every time. Even the best make mistakes and I think not only the shipper screwed up Chucks order here but also the supplier in the way it was handled. As I stated in my earlier post and in a past thread a couple of years ago I had a similiar problem with Lics but they shipped me damaged or should I say defective goods not caused by the shipper. I brought my problem to the forum and quite a few agreed with me here who had experienced their own problems with the company. Many here thought that the company could do no wrong because they never had a problem with them. I never did either previously. I don't see any reason for you to lie here Chuck and based on what I read I take it as a warning to others when dealing with some of the suppliers available out there and recommended here on the forum.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:51 AM
LMa1939
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NuAir Body Dolly

I ordred and received a NuAir body dolly from from Tom several months ago and it was received in ontime and with no problems. The body dolly worked great for my vette restoration and my experience with his body dolly and company has been great. Larry LMa1939@aol.com

Get notified of new replies

To Nu Air Fluid Power Body Dollies Bad Experience.

Quick Reply: Nu Air Fluid Power Body Dollies Bad Experience.