C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Apology For Slow Shipment

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 05:55 PM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Apology For Slow Shipment

I just received an apology flyer from Corvette Central stating the reason for the delayed shipments. They are offering a better than normal discount to customers who placed orders from 3-5-01 thru 7-5-01. I hope this info is helpful to those who are still in the need for parts.

Gary
Old 08-31-2001, 06:58 PM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Apology For Slow Shipment (GT's58)

The past few orders I tried to place with CC would have to be back ordered?
Since then I have had great service from Paragon, LIC, & ZIP
Depending who had what I needed. With Paragon getting the bulk of
my business.
But years ago I used CC to restore a 65 coupe with great results,
no idea why they slipped?
But with Paragon my 1st order was over $500.00 and that got me a 15%
discount that's good for all orders placed for quite some time.
As a side note, I think Paragon supplies many other vette catalog co's
with parts. :cheers:
Old 08-31-2001, 07:41 PM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the "customer appreciation discount" too, and may try to order from them again. Hope they managed to get things organized after they changed their location. Before that I always had good service, good parts and good prices from them, and besides, they have one of the best online ordering systems (second only to The Last Detail, IMO).

-Pedro
Old 08-31-2001, 09:43 PM
Billy Boguski
Advanced

Earlier this year I ordered parts from Corvette Central and waited and waited. I was told it was the move that caused the problem. Some items were there, others were on "back order". When the " back order" parts came in the others were out of stock!!!!! Got a partial shipment, then another shipment, 4-6 weeks. Then one part was the wrong one and the lady on the phone told me I wrote the number down wrong. NO I DID NOT, they mis-read it, since the verbal discription was very clear. She finally agreed but I, the customer, had to defend my order.

On August 15th I ordered some simple parts that would be in stock with any reputable supplier. Three out of five were "out of stock" on "back order" again. They really were not complicated parts: "Water Wetter, 327 plugs wires (not dated) and fuel tank overflow kit". Simple stuff that I could have bought 10 times over at Carlisle (cheaper). All was to be shipped on August 30th, but the wires were not in yet, so all this was on hold AGAIN. I said today to ship the doggone parts!!!!!
At Carlisle I spoke with the so called "manager", HE could have cared less and told me they process 33,000 orders a week (I think) and suppliers operate on "real time", meaning they (CC) don't have the stuff in stock, ever!!! They order when we order.

I have spend thousands with Long Island Corvette. They are not always the cheapest, but the quality is there, you get parts within 2-3 days and there is NEVER an arguement about fit or finish. The customer is always right in my experience.

Corvette Central is a corporation with only THEIR bottom line interest at heart. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!! Eckler's, LIC, etc.........

You do not have to be treated that way.

Billy
Old 08-31-2001, 09:50 PM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Apology For Slow Shipment (396 RAT)

I may have spoke too soon.:bb
I received an order from Paragon tonight
and my 396 lower Rad Hose was an upper hose for a 1969 L88?
And there was a thin spot in my heater hose set. :mad
Had to return both parts. Rest of the order was fine.(clamps, bolts, ect)
I ordered all new hose's from Paragon as they bought the rights from GM
to reproduce the hose's and sell them to the rest of the industry.
(As I understand it) I knew I shouldn't have posted the praise!
See what happens? :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :mad
Old 08-31-2001, 10:07 PM
67wave_saver
Racer

...fwiw...I ordered two items from Corvette Central at the Carlisle Spring Show...As of last week one was back ordered on a previous back order... :cuss :mad :cuss ...I found the part at the Carlisle Vette Show and canceled my order...I must say the refund check came very fast... Too bad the parts didn't....I received a partial shipment for the other parts...They were not the brand advertised and the rest were the wrong parts :mad :mad :mad ...I'm going to have to cool down before I ever order from them again...
Old 08-31-2001, 10:48 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

I concur with the other posts here. I have given up on CC. Period. Nothing but back-ordered this and that and excuses tossed in for free. I tossed their catalogs. Fini. Except for rare instances, I start with LIC now, and usually don't need to go elsewhere. Heres to you, Corvette Central :U

Jeff
ÒThe Silver BeastÓ. Ô66, L72
Old 08-31-2001, 11:10 PM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Re: Apology For Slow Shipment (67wave_saver)

I have tried most of the suppliers that carry parts for C1's, and have come across some kind of minor problem with all of them. Corvette Central has never charged for the second shipment for back ordered parts, unlike Zip and others. I'm going to give them another chance even though it took a little under a month to get all of my last order.We'll see if they have their sheet organized yet .

[Modified by GT's58, 10:26 PM 8/31/2001]
Old 09-01-2001, 01:36 AM
poortom
Instructor

To the guy a month or so ago who wanted to see if there was an interest in someone selling vette parts..at a good price/quick del/no BS.....you'll read you answer here....If you still wanna lemme know..I'll load the trucks and address the pkgs (but I get first pick and major discount :D :D :D ) Post again if you read this....I'm tired of high prices/back order/wrong parts & waiting.......Tom
Old 09-01-2001, 02:26 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

For the C-1 guys who haven't used Mary Jo Rohner, give her a try. You always talk to the same person, don't have to give her your credit card # every time and the service is great! She ships the same day most times, and always will tell you when something is going to be delayed. She is still small enough that when I call her she recognizes my voice and calls me by name. Her kind of coustmer service is almost a thing of the past! John
Old 09-02-2001, 03:11 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Re: Apology For Slow Shipment (John McGraw)

John,

Please post Mary Jo's phone number (or E-mail address).

Thanks,
Plasticman
Old 09-02-2001, 03:41 PM
58Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree completely with John. For C1s (that's all she carries), Mary Jo is great. http://www.vettelady.com (858) 451-1933 Since she answers the phone herself, you don't need to have part numbers, just a description. Also, she knows the difference between an NCRS restoration and MY kind of restoration, so when I order things like glass, she told me it would be cheaper to go to a local glass shop.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:36 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Re: Apology For Slow Shipment (58Mike)

58MIKE,

Thanks for Mary Jo's phone number & Web page address!
I will call her on Monday.

Plasticman

Get notified of new replies

To Apology For Slow Shipment

Quick Reply: Apology For Slow Shipment