C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Splash Shields?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Crazyhorse
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie67L71
Do you think that the GM boys may also have had under body stream-lining in mind also

It sure seems that these would also serve that purpose as well.

I really like those louvered ones too.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

The louvers were added by a machine shop. I am not aware of any company selling them as a catalogue item.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Dennis Beck
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DZVette
Hi John! Glad you had a safe return from FL. Believe it or not, my car also had an additional ground from the top of the steering box to the block when I got it. That one I removed when I reconfigured with a new cable from the battery to the correct location. Always an education!

Dave Z
Dave,
A previous owner may have had horn trouble on your car and was trying to get a good ground to the steering column. When I had horn problems in my 66 Coupe we ran a jumper wire from one side of the rag joint to the other side of the rag joint. This made my horn sound again. I have since fixed that properly. Just a thought.

Dennis

Sorry I see now that this is your negative battery cable. Duh!:o

Last edited by Dennis Beck; 04-18-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mredi1
I have a 65, removed them when I put headers on, found one so far I think the other is lost. Any chance to get a set like the ones shown in your pictures ? They look qiute functional. Anything to cool my feet on a hot day in a 65 Coupe without AC. You could PM me if you know where I could get some like those. Thanks Tim
These will allow headers, allow more air flow than louvres, and heat shield your feet:

more pics here: http://www.corvetteforum.net/classic...e/index7.shtml

Quick Reply: Splash Shields?