C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1963 Vette owner info needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Woodie
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 1963 Vette owner info needed

About seven years ago I bought a 63 conv. on ebay for the 4 real KO's it had on it. When I got to the car the old man selling told me the original owner was Robert Young the actor ( Father Know's Best- Marcus Welby MD) He was a nice older guy and this was the only Vette he had ever owned, Anyway I tried to get some documentation by placing an ad in the LA news paper. I then went on line found out he had 4 daughters and tried many phone calls to no success. I then went to his fan club sites and tried contacting the presidents for answers.
Finally a women called me (Collect) and began tearing me up on the phone for trying to use Roberts name for greedy enterprise to sell a car. I said well if I could prove this car was Roberts wouldn't You like to own it. Silence. a few days later I got an email from her saying if I could document his ownership she would pay me her life savings for the Vette. She'd mail me out her check for $1200 but I'd have to deliver the car to the Midwest as she couldn't take time off from work. Well I stopped looking until now. Can anyone tell me if I can & How. Research Calif. DMV for records of ownership by the Vin number or by his name?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

California has strict privacy laws. Remember in the early 90's the actress who was murdered? well the killer got her info from the DMV. They also purged all old records a few years back.

oWEN
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Woodie
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Vintage, Thanks for the info. Yes even wanting info I agree with that privacy policy. Oh well I'll just have to think of another way to try to get info. You would have thought with a star like Robert Young was way back when, someone out there in California would have some pics of him and his car at some point. He has four daughters but I guess he had a bit of a drinking problem for years and supposedly was not to popular with daughters ( read that somewhere). all the info on the net but I can't find any info like his best friend back then or some such to try to contact. Got any ideas?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:41 PM
a560156
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post an ad in the Driveline.

Get notified of new replies

To 1963 Vette owner info needed

Quick Reply: 1963 Vette owner info needed