C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

New Autolift

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New Autolift

I just purchased my new Autolift from American Custom Lifts. I will be looking at 3 weeks until the delivery and install. I got the model ACS7 with the round columns, drip pans, Aluminum ramps, jack tray, etc.

Brad Davies was real good to work with and set up their local installer for me. Everybody else wanted me to do the leg work to find an installer. I'll put up some pix's when it's a done deal. But now I have to find some door tracks to get my garage door up higher.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 PM
jd35801
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike--- COOL! I'm getting ready to build a house, and would like to allow for a lift in the future. Please let me know how your install goes, and your satisfaction with your lift. Also, what dimensions are necessary to allow for a lift (door height, ceiling height, depth of garage, etc.). Hope all goes well! Post some pix when it's done!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by mgsouthard
But now I have to find some door tracks to get my garage door up higher.
Here's a photo of my "high-lift" conversion to the 18' x 8' sectional door in my lift bay (12' ceiling); the horizontal tracks are 8" from the ceiling, and the operator track is about 2" from the ceiling. Dummy top panel (not visible from outside) was added to handle the geometry of translating the horizontal pull of the opener to initial vertical pull on the door. Now I can open the door all the way with a car at full working height on the lift.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great John, That's exactly what I looking to do. Fortunately my door is only 8' wide. I contacted the garage door builder on their locator device, and the web said that Lowe's was the distributor/dealer for my door so I hoping they can get me the extensions I need.

Get notified of new replies

To New Autolift

Quick Reply: New Autolift