C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

tack drive distributor

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
bojangles
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

Default tack drive distributor

I currently installing a crate engine in my Vette. It has a distributor without a tack drive. It is a SBC 350. Can I use the tack drive distributor from the old engine. (327)? Or how do I hook up the distributor on the new engine to the tack in the Vette?
Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
vetarun
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, it will work. Curve may be off a little though.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:10 PM
bweaver999
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are going to re-use the original, best to send it out for a re-build to insure the advance works correctly. A good re-builder should be able to set it up close to what you need. Or purchase a new distributor from Summit or Jegs, there are a few that have a mechanical tach drive.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by bweaver999
If you are going to re-use the original, best to send it out for a re-build to insure the advance works correctly. A good re-builder should be able to set it up close to what you need. Or purchase a new distributor from Summit or Jegs, there are a few that have a mechanical tach drive.
Does the new engine have a roller cam? If so, you may have to use a different dist. gear (melonized is one version). Probably just swap the dist. gear with the one that came with the engine to you old tach drive dist. to on the safe side.

Plasticman

Get notified of new replies

To tack drive distributor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tack drive distributor