C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Mr. Al Knoch is first class

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 07:25 PM
Cliff63
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Mr. Al Knoch is first class

I called the company today, and after a brief conversation with the lady that answered the phone, she suggested that I talk with Mr. Knoch about restoring my top. (I am in the process of having the frame bead blasted and painted,etc) I can tell you this...............It was one great conversation with a Corvette person. Mr. Knoch is, as I have stated, first class. How many times have you been able to talk to the owner of a company when you have a question? Just my opinion but this store is at the very top of my list when it comes to service.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:47 PM
JimSR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Mr. Al Knoch is first class (Dirty)

Hi Dirty I was wondering if you had your seates done by Knoch. I was thinking about having mine done by them if you did have yours done about how much did it cost for job and shipping.

THANKS JIM
save the wave
Old 12-13-2001, 10:47 PM
LabRat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't find a nicer right hand man than Dale Robertson who works with him. Save the Wave.
Old 12-14-2001, 06:27 AM
DZAUTO
Race Director

Received 3,769 Likes on 1,671 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

I have also had a very good personal experience with Al himself. I have a 56 that has a complete Al Knoch interior. There were ONLY 2 interior colors available for a 56-7, red and/or beige. My car is red (with red cove) and I wanted a red/black interior (black dash and carpet). There is NO SUCH thing as black carpet for 56-7. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, black carpet, of the exact same material as 56-7, WAS available in 58. So I called, and talked to Al and ask him if he could cut and sew some black 58 carpet to the EXACT same pattern as a 56 (I believe its called Daytona weave). NO PROBLEM! I had the carpet in about 3-4 weeks. I didn't even have to fit it. It just sort of fell in place. So I do have a CORRECT Al Knoch interior, just wrong color. But I think the black/red interior in a solid red car goes very well together (so did Vette magazine).
Old 12-14-2001, 08:22 AM
Dave62
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have nothing to say except good things about Al Knoch and his company. He answered several questions during my quest to put a complete interior in the 62. An additional point....the video for installing a soft top is excellent!!!! It covers every step and shows you how to do the job. If you are thinking of a new top...get it from Al and by all means buy the video also.
I have met Al several times at Knoxville and other vette gatherings. He is a real person who likes what he does.

NCM Lifetime Member
Old 12-14-2001, 02:02 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

I've also had great experiences with both Al Knoch and Dale Robertson. They supplied the materials for both our 67 and 62. They will also do custom work and were willing to build the seats to my design. He even did the dash pad in leather, which was quite a job, but it came out great. It's nice to find folks who will do what they say, provide a quality product and deliver it when they promise.

Rich Lagasse
Old 12-14-2001, 08:17 PM
58Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Mr. Al Knoch is first class (richscorvettes)

To echo Tom's (DZAuto) experience, I also needed a custom job: '58 door panels with '59-'60 fabric. Not a problem. Actually, I ordered through Mary Jo Rohner and she handled it, but it was Al Knoch doing the work. Incidently, it was cheaper to go through Mary Jo than to order directly from Al Knoch. This is often true with other vendors and suppliers, because suppliers don't like to get into price competition with their retailers.

- Mike
Old 12-16-2001, 10:04 AM
andy60
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Mr. Al Knoch is first class (JimSR)

Dirty,

Your seat covers are Al Knoch but were installed at a local shop. Glad to hear you are treating the 63 well. I am still looking for the "right" car and yes do have some sellers remorse. Thanks for all of the posts where you have had good things to say about me and out transactions.

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Mr. Al Knoch is first class

Quick Reply: Mr. Al Knoch is first class