C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Road draft tube question again

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 AM
CP64365
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road draft tube question again

I have a 64 365HP which I believe is still the stock setup. I want to make sure that I have the road draft tube connected properly. From the base of my air cleaner the larger tube outlet is connected to the crackcase ventilation tube. The smaller tube is connected to my road draft tube. From what I can see in my assembly manual, the lower end of this raod draft tube gets connected to the lower choke tube in my exhaust manifold. Is that correct? The upper choke tube then go up to the choke on the carburator. From my oil filler tube, a hose is connected to the 90 degree connector on the side of my 2810 carb. Have I described everything correctly or should the bottom of the road draft tube be open to the air as well as the lower choke tube? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 AM
CP64365
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a link that answers my own question. Sorry for the wrong terminology. What I was calling a road draft tube is actually my clean air tube, which does connect to the lower chike tube in the exhaust manifold.

Quick Reply: Road draft tube question again