C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need Used Wire Harness Parts - Headlight & Parking Light Pigtails

Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need Used Wire Harness Parts - Headlight & Parking Light Pigtails

Hello, folks,

I am looking for a source of old C2 wiring harness parts, specifically I need the pigtails with connectors from the front parking light assemblies, and pigtails with connectors that would normally come out from both headlight buckets.

Condition isn't too critical, so long as the connectors are intact and they have at least 3 or 4 inches of wire left on them that I can splice onto.

I have a 63 with an Ecklers style front end. I need to mate my new wiring harness with the existing custom light setup, and I'd rather fabricate intermediate connectors, instead of butchering up my brand new wiring harness.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

You can probably buy new from Lectric Limited and it will probably not be that more then used....

I installed a new Lectric Limited wiring harness (rear, under dash and front) last summer in my 60... Quite pleased with it...

http://www.lectriclimited.com/
Old 06-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Donald #31176
Melting Slicks

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

If you cant find old harness parts you might try these guys.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_cd25nyx
Old 06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Originally Posted by kenmo
You can probably buy new from Lectric Limited and it will probably not be that more then used....

I installed a new Lectric Limited wiring harness (rear, under dash and front) last summer in my 60... Quite pleased with it...

http://www.lectriclimited.com/
Thanks for the reply.

Tried that...nobody wants to sell any pieces (connectors) separately, and I can't see spending $40.00 from the Corvette vendors for a set of headlight bucket harnesses or $45.00 for a pair of parking light pigtails that I will have to cut up anyway...
Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 PM
BLee
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure I have the parking light pigtails and connectors you need, I'm not sure about the headlight connectors. I've cannabalized the harness a few times for some folks and I think the h/l portion is gone. I'll go out to the shed today and have a look.

BL

Originally Posted by kbuhagiar
Hello, folks,

I am looking for a source of old C2 wiring harness parts, specifically I need the pigtails with connectors from the front parking light assemblies, and pigtails with connectors that would normally come out from both headlight buckets.

Condition isn't too critical, so long as the connectors are intact and they have at least 3 or 4 inches of wire left on them that I can splice onto.

I have a 63 with an Ecklers style front end. I need to mate my new wiring harness with the existing custom light setup, and I'd rather fabricate intermediate connectors, instead of butchering up my brand new wiring harness.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Olustee bus
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I stumbled across a company recently that does in fact sell parts for wiring harnesses. It is a company that makes complete wiring harnesses and they are starting a new company just for selling parts. I thought it was lectric Limited but their site does not mention it.

It may be Dr. Rebuild. I will try to find the company.

Edit: I have not been able to find the site. I wish I had saved the site. If I run across it soon, I will repost.

Last edited by Olustee bus; 06-29-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Ihave a harness I have canibalized a little for "C2 Friends" too, let me know if you still need some items
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 PM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Thanks to all who have replied; any and all leads are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
gary6672
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I am having the same problem looking for connectors for my 66 Hazard Switch. Companies like Lectric must buy there connectors from someone but how can we find out.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 AM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kbuhagiar
Hello, folks,

by the way, Lectric Limited sells the headlight bucket extension portion of the harness seperately - it's like all of $50 or so (depending on glass or metal headlight buckets) - here is a pic of the "first design" headlight bucket portion (VHX6300):

Then again, their entire "front lamp harness" (VHL6300M) for the 63 is $157:

Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Try this:

http://www.wiringharnessparts.com/main_page.html

Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
shooter1951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have headlight connectors

I have the headlight connectors if you still don't have them.
E-mail if you need them: shooter1951@shelbywb.coop

Hey John Z. I noticed that link you posted had light bulbs but it was under construction. Do they have the correct U.S. made parking, turning lights for the midyears? Thanks, Shooter
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Originally Posted by shooter1951
I have the headlight connectors if you still don't have them.
E-mail if you need them: shooter1951@shelbywb.coop

Hey John Z. I noticed that link you posted had light bulbs but it was under construction. Do they have the correct U.S. made parking, turning lights for the midyears? Thanks, Shooter
JohnZ: Thanks for the link.

Shooter: You have mail.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter1951
Do they have the correct U.S. made parking, turning lights for the midyears? Thanks, Shooter
Trim Parts makes the best midyear parking lights (U.S.-made); the Taiwan lights are lousy. Almost all the Corvette parts houses sell the Trim Parts lights - make sure when you order that you're getting the Trim Parts stuff.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:21 PM
toopoorforthis
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to replace harness?

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Trim Parts makes the best midyear parking lights (U.S.-made); the Taiwan lights are lousy. Almost all the Corvette parts houses sell the Trim Parts lights - make sure when you order that you're getting the Trim Parts stuff.
I replaced my complete harness about 25-30years ago on my 1960. Drove it very little (maybe 500 miles) since then. I am now retired and have totally dismantled the entire car (including frame off). Do I need to replace harness just because of age? Harnesses are now double what I paid back then and would rather save the bucks. Got a lot more time than money.
Thanks.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,463 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Welcome to the CF. If the wire harness has been stored in a inside environment, it should be good too use, but I would look it over. As a side note. It's sometimes best too not hook onto a 7 yr. old post. It could contain outdated information. Best to start a fresh thread. Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Need Used Wire Harness Parts - Headlight & Parking Light Pigtails

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Used Wire Harness Parts - Headlight & Parking Light Pigtails