C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[pics] thank you, thank you, thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Default [pics] thank you, thank you, thank you!

This year's Toys for Tots Corvette Run was incredible and we couldn't have done it without ALL OF YOU!

With everything that's going on in today's world, this event means more than every. When speaking to the Marines at the event, I was told that they already have 1,000 requests for help MORE than this time last year and that's only for the two counties that this one group serves!

Attendance this year was over 750 Corvettes beating last year by almost 200 cars! I don't know the number of toys collected yet, but I know it has to be close to 4,000 and they were some awsome toys that are going to make a lot of families in need very happy during the upcoming holiday season. We also collected over $3,300 in donations that will be used to buy toys for the 12 to 16 year olds that they never have enough of the right toys for.

A special thanks goes out to Ron Fellows for being this year's Grand Marshall. Not only did he stand for seven hours strait posing for pictures and signing everything that people put in front of him, he did the appearance for no charge because of the charity...he even missed the home opener for the Toronto Maple Leafs that he had tickets to!

Also thanks to those who donated raffles and door prizes (especially the forum's own Pipedreams from Nakid Parts who kept giving us more to give away)! Thanks to the Atlantic City Police Department, the NJ State Police and the South Jersey Transportation Authority for closing down the Atlantic City Expressway so we could all make the run together.

And again, I want to thank everyone who took the day, bought the toys and spent the time and gas to come support this great cause.

Below are a few pictures from the event taken by some forum members. More can be found in the Northeast Event section!

America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad your event was so successful!

Cruz

Quick Reply: [pics] thank you, thank you, thank you!