C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

which carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
mattyg92
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default which carpet?

im looking to replace my carpet; but unsure which one to but? the foam backing which is original, or the poly back???

what is better? im not looking for ncrs but i do want to be correct

thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
red65Michigan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Replacing it because it is faded or just old looking... Believe it or not, my black carpet looked pretty bad in my 65. I figured for a cheap temporary fix I would try the Dupli-color carpet / fabric paint. Took out the seats, did a little prep to prevent overspray covering parts I didn't want coated, and was blown away by how great it turned out. Fellow 64 Vette owner I hang with thought I replaced the carpet. He went to the auto store that day and bought some. Starting to see some fading so I will do it again this spring. It does not make the carpet hard as one would expect. Give it a try before spending big bucks.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:34 PM
mattyg92
Racer

well its not in great shape so i want to replace it, but there is the two choices i stated, and there is a $100.00 difference in price, thats why i was trying to find out which was better, because sometimes price does not reflect quality, as in the poly backing is 100.00 cheaper, but might be better than the foam backing

thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyg92
well its not in great shape so i want to replace it, but there is the two choices i stated, and there is a $100.00 difference in price, thats why i was trying to find out which was better, because sometimes price does not reflect quality, as in the poly backing is 100.00 cheaper, but might be better than the foam backing

thanks
Hi

I just bought some of the foamed back carpet from Wilcox and they were more $$$. However, the quality looks good and looks like the original worn out ones I have in my vette right now..

If it were me I would buy the best quality part you can afford for your car..Spend the extra money and I think you will be happier with your purchase..

IMHO

Last edited by Blk63Vette; 12-20-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To which carpet?

Quick Reply: which carpet?