C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

XP-700 Owners Photos And/Or Stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:57 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't think they look so bad, Remove the back bumpers and smooth off the bumper mounts in the back.

As long as we're copying a Bill Mitchell-authorized factory kustom, better have six tail lights too.

Bubble top only looks right if you pull the windshield frame and glass. I've considered doing that to my '64, which has every body panel but the doors modified. But the original hardtop weatherstripping would be MUCH more water-tight IMO.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 784 Likes on 536 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I had the money to buy it but winter is coming and it gets cold sleeping in the garage !
Old 09-07-2016, 08:36 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

This thing sat in the space next to mine at Carlisle, for 3 days. It always had a crowd around it. The seller dropped the car Wednesday night and disappeared. No one was ever with the car all weekend, and people kept coming over and asking me questions about it. I told a few of them to check "Barnfinds.com", as it was on there, but most I just told that it wasn't mine.

Saturday night, someone showed up with a pick up and garden trailer and hauled it away. They were looking for the best offer over $10,000 by 3 on Saturday. I don' know what it went for, but I have to think they could have gotten more for it if they had spent some time with the car, considering all the people that looked at it.

http://barnfinds.com/nose-job-1959-corvette/

Quick Reply: XP-700 Owners Photos And/Or Stories