C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Its Back.... Shriner COPO with L-88...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 PM
shemp
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimgessner

You will remember John when Bill Mock had his 'real' documented Shriner 67 Corvette. It was white with marina blue or teal blue interior. 327/300hp and powerglide. All the cars were that way.

This world today will just jump on every bit of history to try and make a buck. What I don't understand is how did that cloan sell for $176000 !
It said in the link that ctjackster posted that that car was a 4 speed.
Shemp
Old 01-31-2009, 06:59 PM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You will remember John when Bill Mock had his 'real' documented Shriner 67 Corvette. It was white with marina blue or teal blue interior. 327/300hp and powerglide. All the cars were that way.
well, I am willing to take GL's advice on the configuration of the 67 Shriner Corvettes

This world today will just jump on every bit of history to try and make a buck. What I don't understand is how did that cloan sell for $176000 !

Jim, I completely agree - I was dumbfounded as to why this car fetched so much money - it is not presented in its correct Shriner SB form, and certainly not with its orginal L79; and so what if it has had a 427 dropped in configured as an unstreetable L88?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
53 Blue Flame Brett
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's kind of like dropping a hemi in any old Chrysler product and getting big bucks for it. Crazy.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Default shame on me

Originally Posted by ctjackster
well, I am willing to take GL's advice on the configuration of the 67 Shriner Corvettes

Jim, I completely agree - I was dumbfounded as to why this car fetched so much money - it is not presented in its correct Shriner SB form, and certainly not with its orginal L79; and so what if it has had a 427 dropped in configured as an unstreetable L88?
I did not read the whole log here as I have this morning. Thanks to GL and cyjackster for the updates.

It is the fraud of this car that appears on nation wide TV that bothers me greatly. This country needs a big vacumn cleaner. MONEY.... MONEY....... MONEY.

Quick Reply: Its Back.... Shriner COPO with L-88...