C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 300/327 Exhaust ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default 66 300/327 Exhaust ???'s

My 66 300/327 is is need of a new under car exhaust. Who is the perfered vendor for best quality, longetivity with minium NCRS point deductions. Hardware and gaskets will also be restored , replaced. Frenchlocks? Also what are my options on restoring the manifolds. I do have a small blast cabinet and some canned rust remover. Any other tips or suggestions on tackling this upcoming project would be great.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Recommend either Gardner Exhaust or Corvette Central exhaust system. Both have had good reviews, although I believe Garner has the most correct system. You need to check costs. I think they have the standard system and the N11 off road system.

There is a company named Waldron who (recently) began making absolutely correct N11 mufflers. You might want to call and inquire regarding which muffler they (Gardner and CC) are now using in their sets.

I think you will be happy with either, but the Gardner system seems to get the best NCRS reviews. www.gardnerexhaust.com

Suggest Jerry McNeish regarding the exhaust manifolds. You will lose a couple of points for over-restoration, but they look good and will last a lifetime. JohnZ recommended also. www.z28camaro.com

Larry

Quick Reply: 66 300/327 Exhaust ???'s