C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

PVC Problem

Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Bill Irwin
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you got an attitude problem. Bill.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Glasshole
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Irwin
No, you and your buddies seem to be the ones with the problem Bill. Have a look in the mirror.

Anyways, you've voiced your opinion a few strings ago so let it go and let's move on to the corvette related discussions like this forum was mean't for.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Bill Irwin
Drifting

Man, you got an attitude Problem.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
66L72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 288 Likes on 121 Posts

I was going to post the page numbers in the Noland Adams' Restoration Guide that have GM photos of the "non-existent" '63 PCV valves and plumbing (for both carb and FI engines), but now I'm too skeered.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by Zora Duntov
Using your same reasoning I suppose people would also take "offense" if I used the name Pablo Picasso in an Art forum???????

Cheers
Absolutely, it implies you have some pretension to the greatness of the engineer, or in this case the artist. That's why the forum has an 'ignore' list...you just made it onto mine.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No, you and your buddies seem to be the ones with the problem Bill. Have a look in the mirror.

Anyways, you've voiced your opinion a few strings ago so let it go and let's move on to the corvette related discussions like this forum was mean't for.

Cheers
My dear misguided friend. Your use of the Zora Duntov's name is totally disrespectful and inappropriate in this or any forum. There was only one Zora Duntov in Corvette history and he wasn't you! And I can assure you that Zora knew the difference between a PCV and a PVC system.

The '63 that I just purchased appears to have an incorrect PVC set-up. It currently has one valve cover with a PVC hole. This is where the PCV currently plugs into which feeds into the carb. There is no vented oil filler cap so I have idea where it is getting clean air from. In the pictures I have there is no PVC on either valve cover so where is it supposed to be on this year? Also should there be a vented oil cap for clean air or does it get its clean air from another source?
Since your original post asked for information on a correct PVC system, I would refer you to this link and suggest you visit it and not waste any more time in this forum:

http://www.epco-plastics.com/PVC-U_pipe_systems.asp

You are without question the most boorish and rude individual that I have ever had the misfortune of witnessing in this forum.

Since it would appear that you would like a European sounding name to use in this forum, I believe that the German word Dummkopf should be a consideration.

- Pat
Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 PM
lib
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Foto of my alleged valve

Here is the PVC on (Ooops, I did it again) PCV that is on my car. I hope that no one was harmed or insulted by my inadvertant, incorrect description of this part!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Glasshole
Burning Brakes

Hehehehe.........Thanks a lot dude. I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer my question (and not just flame me about my user name).

Cheers

Bob
Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Glasshole
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C2Driver
My dear misguided friend. Your use of the Zora Duntov's name is totally disrespectful and inappropriate in this or any forum. There was only one Zora Duntov in Corvette history and he wasn't you! And I can assure you that Zora knew the difference between a PCV and a PVC system.

Since your original post asked for information on a correct PVC system, I would refer you to this link and suggest you visit it and not waste any more time in this forum:

You are without question the most boorish and rude individual that I have ever had the misfortune of witnessing in this forum.

Since it would appear that you would like a European sounding name to use in this forum, I believe that the German word Dummkopf should be a consideration.

- Pat
Pat, if you go and see the nice doctor he will lower your meds to 50mg a day and you will stop hearing the voices.....hehehe.

Now go for a nice long walk and enjoy the evening.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Zora Duntov. I see you have not changed your posting name. I feel it's in bad taste, but it's your call. Bill.
Originally Posted by Dan Hampton
Have to agree with Bill. How about: Zora Done-it-all. Sort of catchy.
Originally Posted by Kensmith
I have to agree here with the others. Zora's name should not be used as a user name out of respect. I'm not trying to bash or criticize, just not tasteful. Maybe use Barack O.
Originally Posted by JohnZ

I also think your use of Zora's name as your username is in poor taste.
Originally Posted by turbocat
Do you think it would be showing respect for Christians to call themselves GOD?
Man, you got an attitude Problem.
Originally Posted by fdreano
Absolutely, it implies you have some pretension to the greatness of the engineer, or in this case the artist. That's why the forum has an 'ignore' list...you just made it onto mine.
Originally Posted by C2Driver

- Pat

You guys are a trip. It's a username on a forum for cripes sake. Give the guy a break.

Zora, you have to be very careful here so as to not offend the delicate sensibilities of these folks. Often times this place is more like a retirement home coffee klatch than a car forum, and as such sometimes their depends are damp and in a twist.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From a practical perspective, if I was new to a forum and seeking advice, I would not use a name that offended many that could provide that advice. If you are trying to attract honey bees, don't use something that draws flies. I wouldn't use the name of an actual person other than my own for a number of reasons - legal and personal.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
435er
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

There is always one in every crowd.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:20 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Duntov-097

You guys are a trip. It's a username on a forum for cripes sake. Give the guy a break.

Zora, you have to be very careful here so as to not offend the delicate sensibilities of these folks. Often times this place is more like a retirement home coffee klatch than a car forum, and as such sometimes their depends are damp and in a twist.
Duntov-097, we all know why you are taking this position. I mean, just look at your username. It's absolutely stolen and usurped from my favourite camshaft. It's Forum members like you that make me want to change my username to "19726543" but out of respect for the small block Chevy's ignition system I refuse to do so. Ha ! (I keed, I keed !)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
Duntov-097, we all know why you are taking this position. I mean, just look at your username. It's absolutely stolen and usurped from my favourite camshaft. It's Forum members like you that make me want to change my username to "19726543" but out of respect for the small block Chevy's ignition system I refuse to do so. Ha ! (I keed, I keed !)

Too funny Ray!

- Pat
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvaflav

One thing I've always wondered about you.... you any relation to FlavorFlav ?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
blubu
Racer

I would like comment to using GOD on a Christain forum
They do everything but represent themselves as His chosen servant
They have a direct line to him that you and I cant have access to need money
Have you watched TV television stations lately? Duplantis does not say he is GOD
But he tells you his mansion is bigger than yours cause he took a trip and seen it
Talk about drug flash backs These people do worse by God than any other
As far as taking HIS name in vain.
This guy aint trying to beat you He made a choice
It is America leave it alone there is more important things to worry about
IT is supposed to be a free country still yet debateable YES

Get notified of new replies

To PVC Problem

Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Glasshole
Burning Brakes

Amen Brother.......hehehehehe
Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 PM
lib
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Default My bigger picture

"Thanks a lot dude. I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer my question (and not just flame me about my user name)."

You're welcome, Bob. I've survived a tour in The Nam, a few car wrecks, and have loved ones with chronic, life-threatening illnesses. It's very difficult for me to be concerned about anyone's choice of a username for a forum. As was our in-country mantra, " It don't mean nuthin' ". Good luck with your car. Hopefully, you will soon be able to remove your firesuit, also.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Duntov-097

One thing I've always wondered about you.... you any relation to FlavorFlav ?
Yeahhhh Boooooiiiiiii ! (Insert viking helmet with horns, gold teeth and clock around neck..here !)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PVC Problem