C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

So northerners, what are you doing on your car today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 PM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just waiting for the weather to break.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
65 Hardnoks
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to go into the garage to get a screwdriver. While I was in there, I glanced at the Vette.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
shemp
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tightening up some bolts.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 PM
61 Silver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from the engine machinist with my 315-HP Fuel Injected engine. Will be painting Chevy engine orange, installing parts and returning the engine to the chassis after 12 months of restoration and prep work. Planning on rebuilding the T-10 transmission next week. Chassis & drivetrain will be DONE!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 PM
sweet66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default spring is coming.

here in Vancouver the Xmas snow is pretty well melted away. In November car went into the shop for it's winter things needing attention visit . Steering column got a re do , new rag joint, tighten all the pieces up so horn doesn't honk when some extra pressure applied. A new 67 master cylinder and power brake booster went in, headllight buckets came out for inspection and some new parts . Heater box that always pumped out heat
no matter when the controls told it came out , now lubricated , cleaned up , heater core taken to rad shop boiled out and checked, new gaskets put in we hope the controls will actually do something now. Battery hold down bracket got a trip to Hudson plating for new zinc dichromate finish.
Power antenna now grounds properly and will respond favourably to requests for up and down movement. Glove box door now opens and unlocks. Hood latches came out were stripped of old paint and now look bright and shiney with a coat of silver paint added .. and on it goes
The daffodils are starting to poke above the ground . The garage queen will migrate back from the shop Monday and sit warm and dry waiting for sunny days soon to come

Quick Reply: So northerners, what are you doing on your car today?