C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Front sway bar

Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
drlou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front sway bar

Does anyone have a pic of their front sway bar brackets they could post or give me dimensions? I removed mine and ordered new bushings(F41) but the bushings are an inch narrower than the brackets. I don't see any way that compression is going to take up that extra space. I'm wondering if the brackets I have were replaced with some off of something else over the years. Thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
drlou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I went on the Pro team site and scrolled through cars w/F41 until I found a shot of the front sway bar. The bracket resembles the rear bracket which mine does not...offset bolt holes as opposed to a wider bracket with centered holes. I had some front end damage back in "86 and they must have substituted something else.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Here's what the factory front stabilizer bar bracket looks like.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
drlou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks John, that's exactly what I was looking for. The front bracket looks almost exactly like the rear sway bar bracket but I don't see bushing retainer plate like the rear bracket uses. Any reason for that?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by drlou
Thanks John, that's exactly what I was looking for. The front bracket looks almost exactly like the rear sway bar bracket but I don't see bushing retainer plate like the rear bracket uses. Any reason for that?
It IS the same as the rear bracket, but only the rear uses the retainer plate between the bushing and the frame; don't know why, but it was designed that way.

Get notified of new replies

To Front sway bar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front sway bar