C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Dynamat-Hushmat and Judging

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 AM
427lab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynamat-Hushmat and Judging

I would like to install Dynamat or Hushmat to reduce the cabin heat and noise on my 67 coupe. Is this something that would be discovered in NCRS judging, and if so what would it mean?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:26 AM
muncieman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default This is good!

Originally Posted by 427lab
I would like to install Dynamat or Hushmat to reduce the cabin heat and noise on my 67 coupe. Is this something that would be discovered in NCRS judging, and if so what would it mean?
I can't wait to hear the answer to this one. I used Hushmat in the 62, covered every exposed area including the tank cover, what a difference it made in not only heat reduction but noise.

I can't see this being a real issue with NCRS but who knows.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:37 AM
427lab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by muncieman
I can't wait to hear the answer to this one. I used Hushmat in the 62, covered every exposed area including the tank cover, what a difference it made in not only heat reduction but noise.

I can't see this being a real issue with NCRS but who knows.
For purpose of clarity, I am talking about an installation to non exposed areas, so it wold not be seen unless the carpet was pulled up, or the headliner is removed.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
muncieman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For purpose of clarity, I am talking about an installation to non exposed areas, so it wold not be seen unless the carpet was pulled up, or the headliner is removed.
The 62 is a pure driver, not a NCRS car and noise and heat reduction was no. 1 priority.

I don't think they peel up the carpet when they judge, they never did the 55 so I think you are good to go.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

As long as it isn't so thick that it screws up the carpet fit, I wouldn't worry about it; lots of judged cars have insulation under the carpet.

Get notified of new replies

To Dynamat-Hushmat and Judging

Quick Reply: Dynamat-Hushmat and Judging