C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Frame Repair Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Mary C
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Frame Repair Chicago

I’m looking for a good (reasonable) frame repair shop in the Chicago land area. I have the typical frame rust on the driver side frame rail that needs to be cut out and a new section installed. The body is off and the frame is disassembled so access is not a problem. Anyone have good luck with a repair shop in the area? I’m in the NW suburbs of Chicago, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pat
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mary C
I’m looking for a good (reasonable) frame repair shop in the Chicago land area. I have the typical frame rust on the driver side frame rail that needs to be cut out and a new section installed. The body is off and the frame is disassembled so access is not a problem. Anyone have good luck with a repair shop in the area? I’m in the NW suburbs of Chicago, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pat
Contact Joe Seputis at Vetteran Auto (vetteranauto.com) in Crystal Lake or Robin Winnan at Harmony Corvette in Marengo.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Talisman51
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was an MI outfit at BG last year who impressed me with their investment in the proper frame jigs to assure quality re-sectioning. They use Caledonia frame sections. I believe they are located near Caledonia as well. Try Caledonia Corvette at 800 245-5224 in
Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Talisman51
There was an MI outfit at BG last year who impressed me with their investment in the proper frame jigs to assure quality re-sectioning. They use Caledonia frame sections. I believe they are located near Caledonia as well. Try Caledonia Corvette at 800 245-5224 in
They're in Belding, Michigan, near Grand Rapids; Gary Crump is the owner.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Bill Lacy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

D&A Corvette Gillespie Ill (ph 217 839 3207) about 5 hrs south of Chicago. They will be at Bloomington. They have a jig that they put your frame in. Neat set up. Not Cheep but the best. Shops all over the country send there frames to them.

Last edited by Bill Lacy; 05-21-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: phone number
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Bolisk
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I second that!!

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
Contact Joe Seputis at Vetteran Auto (vetteranauto.com) in Crystal Lake or Robin Winnan at Harmony Corvette in Marengo.
I've never been to Harmony. . .because I live in Crystal Lake. . .and Vetteran is just a hop skip and a jump for me. I have nothing but great things to say about Vetteran though. I bought my '70 vette a few years back and everything that I have had done there is top notch. The owner is a bit of a charater. . .but he knows his stuff! They just put up a new website - www.vetteranauto.com
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 PM
ahphares
Instructor

Frame repairs, Try Dynamic Corvettes in Saginaw Mi. (Steve Snow, owner). The just finished a frame for a customer in northern Ohio. with one week turn-around. They have a frame "master" jig. The frame was a mess when they started, back end hanging on by a thread, But the owner wanted it saved

I saw the finished product yesterday, beautiful result. Owner is going to pick it up and have it dipped himself.

See link to their web site: (photos of the frame)

http://www.dynamiccorvettes.com/public/

Andy

Last edited by ahphares; 02-25-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Joel 67
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolisk
I've never been to Harmony. . .because I live in Crystal Lake. . .and Vetteran is just a hop skip and a jump for me. I have nothing but great things to say about Vetteran though. I bought my '70 vette a few years back and everything that I have had done there is top notch. The owner is a bit of a charater. . .but he knows his stuff! They just put up a new website - www.vetteranauto.com
Why do you keep bumping up all old posts that mention Vetteran? Are you the owner or web designer or something? Doesn't matter to me, just curious as these are some old posts so are bringing back
Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Saw these guys at BG last year.
http://www.corvettesports.com/chassis.html
Old 03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Bolisk
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Joel 67
Why do you keep bumping up all old posts that mention Vetteran? Are you the owner or web designer or something? Doesn't matter to me, just curious as these are some old posts so are bringing back
Nope, I'm not Joe. . .although I know him fairly well. People who know Joe would say that he speaks and writes with. . .how shall I say this. . .ferver!

I'm not the web designer. . .although I know him well. His name is Jesse. He is a college buddy of mine who does web sites as a hobby. Joe asked him to do a new site. I helped him and Joe come up with some content ideas, but all the design work was Jesse.

I'm honestly and truly a customer of Joe's. I've had by blue '70 coupe there several times (1970 coupe) and have been VERY impressed with the work!

I did do a search for threads that mentioned his shop, in order to put my opinions down. I honestly didn't know it would bump the thread. . .sorry about that.

As for why, well. . .like pretty much everyone else in this industry. . .these are tough times for a lot of small businesses. So I figured I would try to help by giving my opinions where I could.

No ill will intended.

-Bolisk

Get notified of new replies

To Frame Repair Chicago

Quick Reply: Frame Repair Chicago