C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Wiper Motor Cables?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
hokie04
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiper Motor Cables?

I had to pull the wires out of the plugs in order to get them through the firewall grommet. Like a dummy I when I was writing down the colors I fails to catch two of the wire were brown. So I put them back like looked like they fit. Looking at the diagram it looks like all the brown are tied together so it shouldn't matter should it? I verified it with an ohm meter.

Please someone look at there wiper motor and verify the wire color order for me in each plug. For the two wire plug I have Dk Blue wire at rear of plug against firewall and brown wire on the outside toward rad. On the 3 wire plug I have wires in this order starting against the firewall; yellow, brown, lt blue.

Finally I have a two wire plug that has a pink and green wire. According to diagram it is for backup lights, is that right? If so I am going to pull it back through firewall to hide - I don't have backup lights.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Your connections sound fine, and which brown wire doesn't matter - they're electrically identical. Make sure the motor is grounded (black wire with female connector that also grounds the heater blower, end terminal under the outboard starter attaching bolt), and the switch must be attached to the cluster and the cluster must be grounded.

The motor has power all the time, and operates by the switch grounding different coils; bad ground, no workee.

Quick Reply: Wiper Motor Cables?