C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Small Body HEI

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
esema
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Small Body HEI

Does anybody have any experience with Dave's Small Body HEI Distributors? Looking for somebody that has used one of his conversions on their car...I'm looking to replace my GM HEI so I can use my stock Ignition Shielding on my '61. Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 06:28 PM
DZAUTO
Race Director

Received 3,766 Likes on 1,669 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

No, I have not, but many people have, and I have NEVER heard any criticisms about his conversions.
I'm on the Team Chevelle site a lot and several of the guys there there have Dave's small HEIs and are quite satisfied with them.

As an alternative, you might consider one of the electronic module conversions (such as PerTronix). These conversions are 100% contained INSIDE the distributor cap and are not visually detectable for the outside of the dist.
On the other hand, some of the parts used with Dave's HEI conversion are EXternally attached to the underside of the dist housing.
I AM NOT promoting PerTronix---------let that be clear, but I have the PerTronix units in all (5) of my early point type distributors. And have never had any grief with them.
This is the PerTronix unit in the 56 with FI.

Tom Parsons

Quick Reply: Small Body HEI