C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

KUDOS to VINTAGE AIR

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Dave64
Drifting

Received 520 Likes on 192 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21

Default KUDOS to VINTAGE AIR

I'm in the middle of putting the Vintage Air A/C kit in my '64. Yesterday, at about 8:00 pm, I'd gotten to where I was playing with the hardlines that go from the drier over the core support, but something was very wrong. This morning, I was in the dumps, so, sitting in self-doubt and self-pity, I finally really looked at the installation instructions and deducted that the shop I'd ordered my Vintage Air A/C kit thru had ordered for a '66. Mine is a '64, which makes a big difference in how the #6 and #8 hardlines go from the drier to over the core support.

I talked with Mark at Vintage Air about my dilemna and he quickly solved it by telling me he'd send me the right lines - at no cost to me.

So far, this install has not been the nightmare I was afraid it would be. Of course it's a bit easier since the whole dash is apart. The air duct hoses are in and all the inside wiring is done. I guess I'll go ahead and now install the gauge cluster, which is already wired.

BIG Thanks to VA.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, they are good people. I had a bad thermostat and they shipped a replacement at no cost. Tech support is also very good. My compressor, I thought, was making noise. They had me do some checks, it wasn't the compressor, but my fan was not wired correctly. Fixed ti and off I go.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Mike Geary
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Default If you're reading this, Vintage Air

Based on all the excellent customer experiences that I've read about here, I will be ordering a Vintage Air system for my '65 Coupe.

When does the next sale start?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I used their A/C kit on my 79 build, loved it even though it wasn't an perfect fit kit. Now I'm putting one of their heater systems in my GS roadster build. Their customer service is top drawer!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM
54greg
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Product and fitment are good not great but customer service is excellent!

To me customer service is extremely important and I highly recommend VA.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 AM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Originally Posted by groovyjay
I used their A/C kit on my 79 build, loved it even though it wasn't an perfect fit kit. Now I'm putting one of their heater systems in my GS roadster build. Their customer service is top drawer!
Don't settle for less. I now have ice cold a/c in the hot Texas sun!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 PM
remotecontroller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Geary
Based on all the excellent customer experiences that I've read about here, I will be ordering a Vintage Air system for my '65 Coupe.

When does the next sale start?
I have a '65 coupe as well so would be interested in a group buy this winter sometime

My main reason for posting is that over the winter I could not find the round pushclips that hold the defroster, heater temp valve and fresh air flapper cables in place on my '58 (nobody seems to sell them). John McGraw suggested calling Vintage Air and they sent me some clips in the mail at no charge simply because they were in a position where they could help me out.

I can't really call it "customer service" because I have never bought anything from them (yet), but I was very happy/excited/appreciative.

They will certainly get my business on future projects.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Dave64
Drifting

Received 520 Likes on 192 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21

UPDATE!

Got the replacement lines from Vintage Air this afternoon - with no charge to me, as Mark promised last week.

If you're considering A/C for your vette, seriously consider these folks.

Dave
Old 09-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Sxrxrnr
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw them at recent Goodguys event. They say that they have a new version coming for C1's that will have electronic controls instead of cable driven controls.

I also like their front of the engine set-up for alternator, PS, AC compressor. Very compact and neat looking.

Get notified of new replies

To KUDOS to VINTAGE AIR

Quick Reply: KUDOS to VINTAGE AIR