C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Best 67 repair manual?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Best 67 repair manual?

Was wondering what the best general repair manual for a 67 is? Plus a good place to get it? Amazon? etc?

Thanks
Old 04-11-2002, 12:35 PM
SWCDuke
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,188 Posts

Default Re: Best 67 repair manual? (67gilmore)

The best shop manual(s) for Corvettes are the official GM manuals published by Helm. Prior to 1966 Corvettes had a specfic manual. After '65 Corvette information was bunded with the other model lines.

The two primary manuals for your car are the Chassis Service Manual and the Chassis Overhaul Manual. There is also a body manual. These might still be available from Helm, and they are also available from NCRS and the usual Corvette parts vendors. The service manual covers most R&I type operations, maintenance and adjustments. The overhaul manual covers overhaul of major components. If you don't plan to overhaul major components or diassemble the body, the Chassis Service Manual should meet your needs

Don't waste you money on an aftermarket manual - get the factory books. You won't regret it.

Duke

[Modified by SWCDuke, 8:39 AM 4/11/2002]
Old 04-11-2002, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Best 67 repair manual? (SWCDuke)

Thanks for the information Duke. I found the 'Chassis Service Manual ' and purchased it. I was heading toward an aftermarket manual like Chiltons, etc.

David.

Get notified of new replies

To Best 67 repair manual?

Quick Reply: Best 67 repair manual?