C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 SWC Question re. felt & vent window rivets

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
HHZ06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 63 SWC Question re. felt & vent window rivets

I ordered felt replacement for the window tracks and replacement rubber for the vent windows. In both cases I had remove small (1/4" head) rivets. The new rivets (similar but not the same) came with the replacement pieces. Is there a special tool to flange the back end of the tool during re-installation? Where do you get it?

Also, since the new window track felt is slightly narrower than OEM it is not perfectly snug in there. Should I lightly expoxy it into the channel?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by HHZ06
I ordered felt replacement for the window tracks and replacement rubber for the vent windows. In both cases I had remove small (1/4" head) rivets. The new rivets (similar but not the same) came with the replacement pieces. Is there a special tool to flange the back end of the tool during re-installation? Where do you get it?

Also, since the new window track felt is slightly narrower than OEM it is not perfectly snug in there. Should I lightly expoxy it into the channel?

Thanks in advance.
I did the expoxy only a spot on the front mid and the end.I also used reg rivets in mine and put a spot of paint on them..
Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by HHZ06
the same) Is there a special tool to flange the back end of the tool during re-installation? Where do you get it?

Thanks in advance.
You need a rivet set to get the vent window rivets back on properly after changing the W/S. Any of the vendors sell them. About $15 as I recall, and works well. Pilot Dan

Get notified of new replies

To 63 SWC Question re. felt & vent window rivets

Quick Reply: 63 SWC Question re. felt & vent window rivets