C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Mike Terry's 1954 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Received 448 Likes on 205 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year (appearance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
CI 4-5-7-9-10-11 Car Show Winner
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 Vet

Default Mike Terry's 1954 Corvette

Here is link to Mike Terry's write-up on the build of his

1954 Corvette Corvair Motorama Clone Project ===>>

It will be updated from time-to-time as he progresses with the project so keep checking back

George
Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Nice little write up.

Hope he got all the parts beings the snow looked pretty deep.

jack
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 105 Likes on 68 Posts

Cool.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Magic

Here is link to Mike Terry's write-up on the build of his

It will be updated from time-to-time as he progresses with the project so keep checking back

George
Hey George,by any chnce is this car going to be seen around here when it's finished or you just doing the web page for Mike?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:54 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Very interesting.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Thanks to George for building the web site for the Motorama Project. Oh and yes this car will be driven when it is finished. It may go on a trailer for real long trips like to FL. or Carlisle or something like that but other then that it will be driven.
I hope you all enjoy following this project. This is not just my project. Vettedaddy from Blue Flame Restoration will be involved in this build along with others who will be building the motor and things like that. I will be sending George pic and information as the project progresses. So set back and enjoy and enjoy watching someone else spend $$$$ and see a part of history come alive.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C-1 Generation 2
Hey George,by any chnce is this car going to be seen around here when it's finished or you just doing the web page for Mike?
Rich

I'm just helping Terry out BUT I hope to be one of the 1st to get a RIDE either here in St. Louis or in Indiana

George
Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Black_Magic
Rich

I'm just helping Terry out BUT I hope to be one of the 1st to get a RIDE either here in St. Louis or in Indiana

George
George, If you make it to Greenwood or Indianapolis, In. when the car is finished you will for sure get a ride in it after the great job you are doing on that web site. The guy who has bouoght the parts off of the 54 Vette that I don't need e-mailed me today and I am pretty sure he will be down this weekend to pick them up. Then I can really get started stripping the car of all the other parts and things on it.
I don't know if I will make it to St. Louis with the car but I am sure that when it is finished it will be at Effingham, IL. for Mid America Fun Fest.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
George, If you make it to Greenwood or Indianapolis, In. when the car is finished you will for sure get a ride in it after the great job you are doing on that web site. The guy who has bouoght the parts off of the 54 Vette that I don't need e-mailed me today and I am pretty sure he will be down this weekend to pick them up. Then I can really get started stripping the car of all the other parts and things on it.
I don't know if I will make it to St. Louis with the car but I am sure that when it is finished it will be at Effingham, IL. for Mid America Fun Fest.
Being a friend of George I can only hope that you make it to St Louis for everyone to enjoy you car when it's finished.But if you do get it to Fun Fest I'll surely go just to see your car even though I haven't went there for three years.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Web Site update 2/22/2011

George
Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Awesome Mike. Keep us posted.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Being a friend of George I can only hope that you make it to St Louis for everyone to enjoy you car when it's finished.But if you do get it to Fun Fest I'll surely go just to see your car even though I haven't went there for three years.
Yes when the car is finished it will go to Corvette Funfest and also to the NCM, Carlisle and other places. I went and talked to Vettedaddy today and we are pretty sure that the work on the car (other then me stripping the goodies off it) will start sometime in April. That is when he will have room to put the car in his shop and start on it. He has one 53, two 54's and a 55 that will be leaving his shop so that will free up space for my car. I spoke with the engine builder today also and he will be starting on the engine when some of his other work is caught up in about 4 months. This is going to tak a while to build. It is not just adding the hatchback roof line, that is the easy part. It is making a new windshield frame and windshield, re-enforcing the A and B pillers, installing roll up side windows customizing the body to except the new roof and trunk, all the trim molding etc. All further information on this project will be posted by George on the great web site he built for me. Hats off to him.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Web Site update 3/17/2011

George
Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Loren Smith
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Yes when the car is finished it will go to Corvette Funfest and also to the NCM, Carlisle and other places. I went and talked to Vettedaddy today and we are pretty sure that the work on the car (other then me stripping the goodies off it) will start sometime in April. That is when he will have room to put the car in his shop and start on it. He has one 53, two 54's and a 55 that will be leaving his shop so that will free up space for my car. I spoke with the engine builder today also and he will be starting on the engine when some of his other work is caught up in about 4 months. This is going to tak a while to build. It is not just adding the hatchback roof line, that is the easy part. It is making a new windshield frame and windshield, re-enforcing the A and B pillers, installing roll up side windows customizing the body to except the new roof and trunk, all the trim molding etc. All further information on this project will be posted by George on the great web site he built for me. Hats off to him.
Very cool project, Mike. Let me cast one vote to paint it candy apple red instead of pale yellow, although I'm sure it will look sweet in any color.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

This is my favorite project ever!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Loren Smith
Very cool project, Mike. Let me cast one vote to paint it candy apple red instead of pale yellow, although I'm sure it will look sweet in any color.
Loren I have decided to pain the car Red when it is time for paint but that will be a while. I just today winched the 54 up into the trailer and strapped it down. It will set there till there is room at Vetteday's shop to put it in. As of right now it looks like he may have room for it sometime mid to late April It is mostly stripped out and I took pic of it going back up into the trailer. I sure am glad I put that wench in the trailer. I will be sending the newest pic to George (Black Magic) and I am sure he will post them when he get a chance. You can see all gauges are out and gas tank is just setting there and more. The next info on the car will be when I take it to Vettdaddy's shop and unload it.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 03-20-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

As a owner of a 62 with candy apple red I can attest to the wow factor with that color but I'd say on your project the car itself will pack plenty of WOW no matter what color it's painted.But considering the problems with true candy colors,you could go with some of the latest similar reds that Buick and Caddy's have.There a lot easier to match if you have to repaint.

Believe me I know!

Get notified of new replies

To Mike Terry's 1954 Corvette

Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

The original color was called Ruby Red so that is probablythe color it will be painted, with a lot of high gloss clear coat. Maybe like Dorthy's shoes in the Wizzard of Oz, they were Ruby Red slippers.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

...you could go with some of the latest similar reds that Buick and Caddy's have....
This would be my vote for something in the Ruby Red Slipper category.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm looking forward to doing the car and another one at the same time. I have to get a couple of cars out of the way first though. Then, the fun can begin. I have a car to finally get done for Pete Wilzbach as well. It MUST be painted this year.

Let the fun begin around the end of April or so.

We'll probably get the top grafted on, make a new mold with a higher roof line, and then make an entire new roof and trunk panel. After that, the dash ends, door shells and windshield lower channel framework will be fabricated. Trust me when I say, it's way more than just a roof glued to a car.

Quick Reply: Mike Terry's 1954 Corvette