C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 side window outer horizontal seal install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:34 PM
BB64VETTE
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 64 side window outer horizontal seal install?

All,

Need some help on 64 coupe door build. Have read many posts from Vettn, PilotDan, DZVette, Ragtopman, TPOcock, and the NCRS door build tutorial. Tpocock's install list (below) is what I'm going to follow to start.

My issue: I got the car in boxes and have not seen any photo for the outer horizontal seal and chrome trim piece. I have looked at the facotry assembly manual, service manual and others but can't see how to get this right. I know I need to do this first--once glass goes in you can't access the screws for this seal. Attached a photo of what I've done--is that right or am I missing the point?

Greatly appreciate any help/advice! [IMG][/IMG]

Installation of the Door Window Glass
1. Slide the window glass into the door and let it rest at the bottom of the door to the outside of the regulator mechanism.
2. Slide the end of the ventilator assembly into the door. Position the pivot mount in the access opening in the door, and screw in the lower pivot. Screw it in most of way.
3. Slide the ventilator assembly into the door. Do not yet install any bolts or screws.
4. Start to raise the window glass by hand, sliding the front edge into the front runner. The back of the glass will not fit into the rear runner at this point.
5. Slowly raise the glass by hand. When the rear top the glass reaches the rear runner of the window opening, guide it into this runner as you continue to raise the glass.
6. When the window glass is fully up it should be centered in both the front and rear runners.
7. Lower the window glass just enough that the window glass support bolts are accessible though the access holes in the door.
8. Raise the window regulator until the mounting bar aligns with the support bolts.
9. Install the 2 support nuts.
10. Unscrew the ventilator pivot screw until it extends through the door and install the pivot nut. Do not tighten yet.
11. Insert the ventilator support bolt and the 4 screws.
12. Move the window up and down and adjust the support screws for smooth action, then tighten all the screws.
13. Attach the ventilator regulator and tighten the regulator bolt.
14. Install the regulator bracket and the 3 screws and 3 bolts.
15. Check for smooth action of the ventilator

Quick Reply: 64 side window outer horizontal seal install?