C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Getting orginal owner info

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 AM
ps374
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Getting orginal owner info

I am posting this question in the C1 C2 section because some of you guys have cars much older than mine and have found the orginal owners. This may seem silly to some , but I own a 84 which I am the 5th owner of. I bought the car from my cousin who had it for about 7 years. I have a car fax and the orginal window sticker and build sheet. I contacted the dealer who sold the car ( Bergeys Chevrolet Telford PA) and ask them if they could suppy me with the information I requested. They told me they do not keep records that long. I even tried picking my cousin brain and he told me he found the car in a local paper. I had library slides from that paper sent to me and after much research ( looking through adds from several months since my cousin could not remember the exact date he bought the car) I struck pay dirt of the 3rd owner. When I called the person on the other end they said they never owned a Corvette and the phone number must have belonged to someone else. The first owner lived in PA and the car was sold two the second owner in FL. and it has stayed in FL ever since where my cousin lives. I live in N.Y. Any of you guys have any other infomation or way i can find out who was the orginal owner of my 84? This is what the carfax tells me

Orginal owner 1984- 1992 8 years
2nd owner 1992 -1997 5 years
3rd owner 1997=1999 2 years
4th owner cousin 1999- 2005 7 years
5th owner me pursched in 2005
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Bill Gould of www.autoancestry.com can help (for a fee). Most DMVs and dealers observing current privacy laws and record retention polices are not: a) going to provide prior owner contact info, and, b) probably have purged inactive records over ten years old...
My experience with a Florida DMV was a dead end.

Quick Reply: Getting orginal owner info