Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations Sponsored by
Flaming River
Industries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 03-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
vettnut
CF Senior Member

Default Two 63 Corvettes At Ohio Estate Auction Tuesday

http://www.muncysells.com/auction_detail.php?id=153137
Anyone look at these Corvettes? Pictures other than what is on this auctioneers site?
Make a guess what they will sell for. Not what what your value gude says.
Throw your value guide in the trash.
My guess is 32-36K for each. This is NOT what I would pay.
It simply does not matter what it will cost someone to restore these old cars. There are many people with money, who simply want their own Corvette Project to do. I have been to these estate auctions before. Crazy money. Better than BJ if properly advertied. I predict we will see more and more of these auctions as us old baby boomers age. Please post pictures or personal information on these cars.
I saw a one owner 70 Chevelle SS454 sell for mid 30K at a farm auction. It needed a full body off. It was factory numbered from the carb down. I checked her out. A man from Illinois bought her. He had never owned or restored a car before. He said he was not sure what he was going to do with it. Wow. I hope it won't be parked for another 30 years.
DG
vettnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Railroadman
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

More pics here:

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/03/03/...ette-projects/

And a thread already working in the "C1-2 for sale" section
Railroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
C2Driver
CF Senior Member

There's not a lot of information to go on at either website. Lots of mismatched parts. Some gauges in one car are from a '64. From the auction site itself, it looks like the drive train for the tan one is being auctioned separately from the car. Although the other website, bringatrailer, suggests otherwise. Either way, there's a lot of work required on both vehicles. Given the ambiguity of information provided and unknown condition of frame, birdcage, etc., I'll guesstimate a maximum of $25K takes both cars and quite probably less.

My 2 cents.
C2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
rovers2000
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

i would think its not a bad deal at 25k for both cars.
rovers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Don Sims

any one go to this?what they go for?
Don Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
thesteve
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
any one go to this?what they go for?
<-----Also curious.
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
narlee
CF Senior Member

narlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
go bucks
CF Senior Member

I just returned from this auction............
I currently own a 63 coupe auto with a/c, and have had several in years past; having bought my first one in 1971.....this being said, I may not be the world's authority, but it's not my first rodeo. Both of these cars were in desperate need of a serious restoration; The tan on tan had several past frame repairs and would probably need a new one, the car had been sitting for years and would require a full body off restoration. The silver one, in past years, had a nose installed and would need serious attention. They both had the original motors, (not in the car) and it was implied that the silver car was originally fuel injected -------it had an RF block, but the "F" looked suspicious to me ----- could have been right but it just make me scratch my head. ( no fuel unit )
Anyway.....the tan car brought around 35,000 and the silver brought 28,000 --------I was extremely surprised. I guess someone wanted it more than I.
I attended with the intention of purchasing one if the price was right......well......I didn't even get the opportunity to bid !!!!
go bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
thesteve
CF Senior Member

Unreal!!!!!! Don't these buyers shop around??!!! Maybe the "find" story makes them a *little* more valuable....but c'mon.

Thanks for the update!
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #10
mscaggs
CF Senior Member

Holy She-ite! That is crazy.
mscaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
5thvet
CF Senior Member

Wow......
5thvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
Dan Hampton
CF Senior Member

Just a repeat of the '58 that gaveled at $37,500 that someone posted earlier this week. Just a case of a lot more money than brains.
Dan Hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
dahogan
CF Senior Member
Ohio Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, and Go Bucks. Hope we still have a coach tonight.
dahogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
go bucks
CF Senior Member

Yes, I certainly hope so also............he's a good guy !!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
C2Driver
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hampton View Post
Just a repeat of the '58 that gaveled at $37,500 that someone posted earlier this week. Just a case of a lot more money than brains.
That's just crazy. Some ill-informed/non-informed bidders attended these auctions.
C2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
vette888

Default Go ahead tell me I'm nuts

I would of paid the 28k for the silver 63 swc. I know you guys are gonna eat me alive. If the person buying the car was going to do most of the work himself in his shop there was room for profit in my meager opinion. Look at the prices the properly restored swc's are bringing. Yes, paying less would make it easier. But, its getting harder all the time to find these older vettes especially the 63 swc's.

Last edited by vette888; 03-08-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added to comment
vette888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
go bucks
CF Senior Member

More power to you ....... I certainly agree with anyone who believes in their own skills and abilities to restore any Corvette. I subscribe to a profound doctrine that promotes one's skills for the purpose of fun or profit. I am somewhat convinced however, that the potential for profit for either of these cars is considerably restricted.

I am pleased that the cars will eventually be back on the road........That's what it's all about.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #18
gold63
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by go bucks View Post
I just returned from this auction............
I currently own a 63 coupe auto with a/c, and have had several in years past; having bought my first one in 1971.....this being said, I may not be the world's authority, but it's not my first rodeo. Both of these cars were in desperate need of a serious restoration; The tan on tan had several past frame repairs and would probably need a new one, the car had been sitting for years and would require a full body off restoration. The silver one, in past years, had a nose installed and would need serious attention. They both had the original motors, (not in the car) and it was implied that the silver car was originally fuel injected -------it had an RF block, but the "F" looked suspicious to me ----- could have been right but it just make me scratch my head. ( no fuel unit )
Anyway.....the tan car brought around 35,000 and the silver brought 28,000 --------I was extremely surprised. I guess someone wanted it more than I.
I attended with the intention of purchasing one if the price was right......well......I didn't even get the opportunity to bid !!!!
I had thought that the Silver coupe was an automatic? Is that correct??
RF code would not make sense if it were an auto.

Syd
gold63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Reload this Page Two 63 Corvettes At Ohio Estate Auction Tuesday