C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Info on Corvette Cruising ST.Louis,MO

Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 AM
siestavette
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Info on Corvette Cruising ST.Louis,MO

Anyone have any information regarding Corvette Cruising ( Restoration shop ) located in the ST. Louis,MO area? I am looking at a C-1 they have for sale. Appreciate any comments.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM
mhanley
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by siestavette
Anyone have any information regarding Corvette Cruising ( Restoration shop ) located in the ST. Louis,MO area? I am looking at a C-1 they have for sale. Appreciate any comments.
Where is located in St. Louis ? Do you have a name of who owns it ?

Mike
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
siestavette
Advanced

Address I have is: Arnold,MO 63010. Not sure of owner, I have been talking with Don..
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

After looking it up I found out I live just within a mile of there but never noticed it before.

I might remind you guys the first big car cruise at Life Christian Church is this Friday.With the weather iffy I'll probably be in the wife's white 79 Camaro Z28.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 AM
mhanley
Pro

Address I have is: Arnold,MO 63010. Not sure of owner, I have been talking with Don..
I have never heard of that Corvette shop, I've been here 40 yrs.

Mike
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mhanley
I have never heard of that Corvette shop, I've been here 40 yrs.

Mike
You need to get out more, Mike. I discovered there is a whole car culture down in that area I had never heard of.

And if you haven't been, you need to get to Life Christian Church on Friday.

Heck, I thought this was about the car cruises, not a shop, when I read the title. Don't you have an address? Or maybe just look it up on Switchboard.com?

You have to watch carefully, there are more and more places that are little one man operations that are technically dealers by law and operate out of their spare bedroom. So they have a fancy dealer sounding name and it is really one guy.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C-1 Generation 2
After looking it up I found out I live just within a mile of there but never noticed it before.

I might remind you guys the first big car cruise at Life Christian Church is this Friday.With the weather iffy I'll probably be in the wife's white 79 Camaro Z28.
Whole bunch of stuff going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APR 1 FRI ~ Memories Car Club 16th Year of Cruising ~ (held on 1st FRI each Month, Rain or Shine, Apr thru Oct) ~ Gates open 4pm ~ Food Court ~50,60,70's Music ~50/50 Drawing ~ many FREE Attendance Prizes ~ info: www.memoriescarclub.com ~ held at Life Christian Church, 13001 Gravois Road, Located one mile south of I-270 on Hwy 30 ~ SUNSET HILLS, MO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APR 1 FRI ~ Outsiders Car Club Car Cruise ~ (held each FRI Night, Apr 8. Apr.15, Apr.22 and Apr.29 -Mar thru Nov) ~ 6pm until 10 pm ~ Attendance prizes, 50/50 drawing, music ~ Come have fun and great food @ Sonic No Alcohol or Burnouts ~ Not responsible for accidents, damage to or loss of property ~ held at Sonic Drive-In, 1002 South Kirkwood (Lindbergh) , at Big Bend ~ KIRKWOOD, MO

APR 1 FRI ~ Jersey County Street Machine Assn. Car Cruise (sponsor) ~ (held 1st Friday of each month) ~ 5:30pm ~ Food & Refreshments available ~ 50's 60's Music JCSMA sound trailer ~ info: email ~ No Alcohol or Burnouts, Not responsible for accidents, damage to or loss of property ~ ARBY’S / BURGER KING, 1580 South State St., Route 67 ~ JERSEYVILLE. IL

APR 2 SAT ~ Cruisin The Boro - Murphysboro Cruise Nights ~ (held 1st Sat Apr thru Sept) ~ 6pm till 9pm ~ Free Hot Dogs ~ $100 Gas Cards Given away each month ~ Dash Plaque each month ~ Free T-Shirt 1st 100 Vehicles in April ~ Giveaways ~ 50/50 Drawing ~ Music by D.J. Hot Rod Nights ~ Different Cruise Night Sponsor each month ~ info: (618) 528-1043 or (618) 559-6625 or email ~ located downtown Murphysboro next to the Courthouse ~ MURPHYSBORO. IL

APR 2 SAT ~ 21st Annual D.A.R.E. Fundraising Benefit ~ event open to everything, Stock Cars, Sprint Cars, Go Carts, Hot Rods and even hopped up Lawn Tractors ~ info: (660) 826-9166 ~ held at 2nd St and Osage SEDALIA, MO

APR 2 SAT ~ Mustang Round-Up ~ 11am ~ info: (314) 965-6885 ~ held at Museum of Transportation, 2967 Barrett Station Road ~ info: (314) 965-6885 ~ ST. LOUIS, MO

APR 3 SUN ~All Ford Show ~ info: (314) 965-6885 ~ held at Transport Museum, 2967 Barrett Station Road ~ ST. LOUIS, MO

APR 3 SUN ~Belleville News Democrat, EveryMan Expo & Car Cruise hosted by "Yesterday Once More Classic Car Cruises ~ 10am until 4pm ~ Prizes ~ Dash Plaques ~ T-Shirts & More ~ Everything a Guy is interested in! ~ from Hunting & Fishing to Custom Cars and Trucks to Finance & Legal to Food & Drink and everything in-between. ~ info: (618) 691-9384 ~ held at Belle Clair Fairgrounds ~ BELLEVILLE, IL
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
siestavette
Advanced

Was told the address for the shop is 3387 FEE FEE RD, Bridgeton, MO 63044. Before I went any further on the purchase of the C-1, I was hoping someone was familiar with their work.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Here's four of the links I mainly use for car show info:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/lakerscarclub/

http://www.gatewaycamaro.com/events.htm

I'm a member of the Gateway Camaro Club.

http://www.johnskinker.com/Shows.html

http://www.stlouiscoachmen.com/

Pictures from last years car show:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20Car%20shows/
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Old Blazer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing

You have to watch carefully, there are more and more places that are little one man operations that are technically dealers by law and operate out of their spare bedroom. So they have a fancy dealer sounding name and it is really one guy.
That is my guess. I haven't heard of Corvette Cruising before but the address on Fee Fee is in a residential neighborhood. The company was registered with the secretary of the state under a Donald Wareing. However I see the name was terminated in 2005. Wonder why the first location you gave was in Arnold? How did you come across the car?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 PM
siestavette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Old Blazer
That is my guess. I haven't heard of Corvette Cruising before but the address on Fee Fee is in a residential neighborhood. The company was registered with the secretary of the state under a Donald Wareing. However I see the name was terminated in 2005. Wonder why the first location you gave was in Arnold? How did you come across the car?
I have a 65 Resto-Mod listed on several sites. An individual, Don, contacted me with an offer to trade for his 1960 FI Vette. The car is listed at WWW.CorvetteCruising.com The site shows the ongoing restoration?? Not sure what to make of this ??? Thought someone in the ST. Louis area might be able to help. Looks like a beautiful little 60..
Old 03-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Old Blazer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK. I remember seeing that website before. Car really does look good!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM
mhanley
Pro

You need to get out more, Mike. I discovered there is a whole car culture down in that area I had never heard of.

And if you haven't been, you need to get to Life Christian Church on Friday.

Heck, I thought this was about the car cruises, not a shop, when I read the title. Don't you have an address? Or maybe just look it up on Switchboard.com?

I get out but not enough I guess. I normally stay north and west of St. Louis but I occasionally make it down south. I wish I could make it Friday night but I'm replacing the water pump and radiator in my 67 this week trying to get it ready to go to Joplin at the end of April.

Mike
Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 AM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

After looking at the address in Arnold for Corvette Cruising there is a very little area on Commerce drive that are businesses.I was just over there a week ago to get a leak stopped on the Camaro at Transmissions to go on Market pl. which is just off Commerce dr. and never noticed any Corvette Cruising business.
A change of plans,I'll be taking the 62 to the LCC cruise Friday and should be parked with a few other Corvettes.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C-1 Generation 2
After looking at the address in Arnold for Corvette Cruising there is a very little area on Commerce drive that are businesses.I was just over there a week ago to get a leak stopped on the Camaro at Transmissions to go on Market pl. which is just off Commerce dr. and never noticed any Corvette Cruising business.
A change of plans,I'll be taking the 62 to the LCC cruise Friday and should be parked with a few other Corvettes.
This one, right?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

This one, right?

That's the one.It looks a little different now.It has 17" wheels now and different tires,new seats,new rear springs,halogen angel eye headlights among other things.Sometime hard to take a picture,there's no gold in the paint it but it appears that way at times.I'm thinking the picture is from 09.
Are you going to be there Friday?
Noticed your address is Florida.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

No, won't be there. I got laid off at Christmas and came home.

It was a great show and I will miss it.

Get notified of new replies

To Info on Corvette Cruising ST.Louis,MO

Old 04-02-2011, 10:50 AM
siestavette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Old Blazer
OK. I remember seeing that website before. Car really does look good!
Would you consider ( For a Fee ) going by and checking out the 60 Corvette.. I am down in Florida and would appreciate any input on the car. It is located in Bridgeton,MO. Send me an email ( skipsiestavette@cfl.rr.com ) if this might be possible and I will get you the location and contact info. Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Would you consider ( For a Fee ) going by and checking out the 60 Corvette.. I am down in Florida and would appreciate any input on the car. It is located in Bridgeton,MO. Send me an email ( skipsiestavette@cfl.rr.com ) if this might be possible and I will get you the location and contact info. Thanks
Too bad you hadn't run into this a couple of months ago. I was working just a couple of miles from that place, according to the information you gave. I don't ever remember seeing it, but I didn't go down Fee Fee but a few times.

Looks really clean and right but pictures always look good.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

I went to the car cruise last night,maybe about 300 cars there.

One friend has decided he wants to sell his 59 Corvette.It's black with red interior and black top.It has 283 with a single quad and 4-speed he has steel wheels with dog dish hub caps and black walls and factory steel wheel with full wheel covers.
I don't have any pictures of the car and don't have Jerry's phone number and won't see him again until the cars cruise for the month of May.
It's an exceptional car and I think he's want something in the $60s for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Info on Corvette Cruising ST.Louis,MO