C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 Conv vent window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Default 66 Conv vent window regulator

Can I remove the regulator without removing the vent frame assembly? Would someone list the procedure once the door panel is removed.

Thanks,
Dave K.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, it's pretty easy. There is a bolt that connects the regulator shaft to the T-bar on the vent window. That needs to be removed along with the three screws that hold the regulator to the door frame. There is alot of info and some write-ups here on the forum that I used. Search "Vent window regulator". If no one posts anything for you, I'll take a look through my files. The AIM shows it well too.

Steve

Last edited by raypilot65; 04-09-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Once the door panel if off, it's a 2 min. job to get the reg. out. Remove the bolt at the T-bar, the 3 screws that secure the reg. to the bracket and the 3 bolts that secure the bracket to the door. You're done. Here's a link with some pics. http://www.lbfun.com/warehouse/tech_...natomy-Mod.pdf

Jim
Old 04-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1snake
Once the door panel if off, it's a 2 min. job to get the reg. out. Remove the bolt at the T-bar, the 3 screws that secure the reg. to the bracket and the 3 bolts that secure the bracket to the door. You're done. Here's a link with some pics. http://www.lbfun.com/warehouse/tech_...natomy-Mod.pdf

Jim
Sorry guys but on a convertible the frame must come out. Coupe no convert. yes. See your service manual.

Dave K.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Sorry for the bad advice. I didn't know there was a difference between the two. I recently rebuilt both vent regulators for a coupe and removal was very easy. They should have made the roadsters the same way.

Jim
Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Sorry for the bad advice. I didn't know there was a difference between the two. I recently rebuilt both vent regulators for a coupe and removal was very easy. They should have made the roadsters the same way.

Jim
Jim,

Did you use America's Finest rebuild kits? If so, do you have the instructions? Several guys said that they did not like AF 's method.

Dave K.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave Kitch
Jim,

Did you use America's Finest rebuild kits? If so, do you have the instructions? Several guys said that they did not like AF 's method.

Dave K.
I posted a reply on the NCRS TDB to your thread. I don't have the instructions but they should be easily obtainable. I'll send you a AF kit if I can find it. I tried them, don't like them. The Paragon kit is much better.

Jim
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

I posted a reply on the NCRS TDB to your thread. I don't have the instructions but they should be easily obtainable. I'll send you a AF kit if I can find it. I tried them, don't like them. The Paragon kit is much better.

Jim
I plan to use the Paragon kit.

Dave K.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 AM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Jim
Probably a glitch in the Factory service manual also as it refers to the Coupe procedure for removal in a convertible. However, they have a picture of one being removed from a coupe door and not so with a convertible.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 AM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Jim
Probably a glitch in the Factory service manual also as it refers to the coupe procedure for removal in a convertible. However, they have a picture of one being removed from a coupe door and not so with a convertible.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave Kitch
I plan to use the Paragon kit.

Dave K.

Good choice. Be sure to give them your NCRS number so you get the 10% discount.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To 66 Conv vent window regulator

Quick Reply: 66 Conv vent window regulator