C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 SWC Interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 PM
JAMES69
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 63 SWC Interior colors

Folks,

I am redoing the interior of my 63 SWC. The color is tan. I am going to use SEM dyes on the vinyl areas. I have just found out that the interior metal trim uses a slightly different color, apparently not a dye. Does anyone know if this paint is available over the counter somewhere? Also, the "halo" requires a metallic tan paint, any ideas? Lastly, the speaker grill and the side vents are a different shade again. Where might I get this one from,

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
gwalker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, my comment on this would be to get to know your paint shop well. When I did mine, I researched many different paints but always a dead end to come up with a mix. I finally just went to the paint shop and we mixed, mixed and mixed until I liked it. I don't even know if it is "correct" but I have compared to other 63 saddle tans and it seems very close.

This guy even matched my exterior, so I could touch up my jambs.

I will check the garage tomorrow and see if I have any numbers on the rattle cans. I just can't remember if we even wrote it down. If I have the numbers I will get them to you.

Good luck and tip the guy well.

Greg
Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 PM
JAMES69
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 63 Interior colors

Greg,

Thanks, if you can find the codes, that would be great!!

take care,
Jim

Get notified of new replies

To 63 SWC Interior colors

Quick Reply: 63 SWC Interior colors