C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1954 Corvair Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 AM
David Temple
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groovyjay
I do too, but I read this book:

And it says that the two cars are hiding in California... I hope so!
Thanks for purchasing a copy of my book. However, please reread pages 166-169. You will see I DID NOT say the Nomad and Corvair were in hiding in California. I do not know where any surviving, authentic examples of these cars are located. I do believe a Nomad and a Corvair do exist, but I could be wrong. In my book I frequently used terms such as, reportedly, possibly, perhaps, and other such terms where there is no absolute proof of a matter. I tried very carefully to avoid reporting anything as factual when it was only supposition and hearsay. There are a number of mysteries surrounding many of the GM Motorama cars and plenty of rumors. I am still uncovering information five years after writing "GM's Motorama." The claim that a 1954 Nomad is locked away in a warehouse in Newport Beach, CA is an old one - perhaps dating back to the '60s or early '70s. If was ever there, I doubt it has remained there to this day.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by David Temple
Thanks for purchasing a copy of my book. However, please reread pages 166-169. You will see I DID NOT say the Nomad and Corvair were in hiding in California. I do not know where any surviving, authentic examples of these cars are located. I do believe a Nomad and a Corvair do exist, but I could be wrong. In my book I frequently used terms such as, reportedly, possibly, perhaps, and other such terms where there is no absolute proof of a matter. I tried very carefully to avoid reporting anything as factual when it was only supposition and hearsay. There are a number of mysteries surrounding many of the GM Motorama cars and plenty of rumors. I am still uncovering information five years after writing "GM's Motorama." The claim that a 1954 Nomad is locked away in a warehouse in Newport Beach, CA is an old one - perhaps dating back to the '60s or early '70s. If was ever there, I doubt it has remained there to this day.
Thanks for bursting my bubble of illusion of one day finding the two motorama cars sitting in a abandoned warehouse with titles signed to my name...

If there's any information you left out in the book about the 2 motorama corvettes yet to be rediscovered please share it with us! There's many of us here who love the motorama cars.

And thanks again for putting together that wonderful book!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 PM
amtronic1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to see this done as a body kit for a C6 chassis.

Quick Reply: 1954 Corvair Prototype