C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1967 Kit Car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
VettePro67
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie'sVette
OK, I'm not buying that photo....it's gotta be a Photoshop...there's no way in Hell, a Yugo (& a clean one at that) could be out on the street in this day & age
I see "blank spaces" on my screen, so the Village Idiot with the yellow freaky looking POS, must be posting again!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sttexan
I would much rather drive my safe and sound 48 yr old C2 fast. Than ANY kit car!

Kit cars aren't known for their superior engineering.

Kit cars are for that guy down the street. Who wears knee high black sox with his Bernuda shorts.

You know, the guy who drools over Bricklins and Excalibers.

Uh, I agree with everything you say, especially about kit cars of any kind.

However, along with the 16 Corvettes I've owned, I have a mint 26K original mile acrylic green Bricklin. It is not a kit car. This thread deals with people who don't know the first thing about what they are talking about and you are sounding like you should not confuse Bricklins with Excalibers or kit cars.

You are free to hate them all you like, but your assumptions about the owners are as incorrect as your confusion about them being kit cars.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by James427

I'd post pictures here but since I'm a free member I can't.

Being a free member has absolutely nothing to do with whether you can post pictures. You are doing it wrong.

People who think this are confusing "attaching" pictures with posting pictures. Any member can get a free Photobucket account, upload their pictures, copy the IMG link and paste a picture into their post in about 5 minutes total.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Still waiting for pics of this Triple crown car of yours, and I will ask again, did anyone actually meet this member at Carlilse? QUOTE =VettePro67;1578578619]
Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
There is a peckerwood at just about any car show that likes to talk down on the cars there, and when you ask the question Where is your Perfect car? They can't seem to point it out

Exactly why I don't waste my time sitting around car shows with a bunch of jealous C2 owners. Tom and Dennis (Midyear) really need to get a life. Many of the C2's at Carlisle this year I would not even buy for a parts car. In fact, some of the cars there were literally made out of scrap parts from many different year Corvettes and looked ridiculous. The nice C2's were either smart enough to keep their car home due to the weather, or just didn't want to sit around all day with jealous inferior Vette owners.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
midyear
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Willie'sVette
OK, I'm not buying that photo....it's gotta be a Photoshop...there's no way in Hell, a Yugo (& a clean one at that) could be out on the street in this day & age
Well, what you don't know is that vetteno67 is the president of the NYRS (national Yugo Restorers Society) as such his blue Yugo must be displayed in "top flite" condition. I think he also co-authored the book "all Yugo's are blue".

Quick Reply: 1967 Kit Car?