C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

How to install center arm rest on 63 vette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM
throwrod
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to install center arm rest on 63 vette?

I ordered a new center arm rest (you can't really rest your arm on it--it's just a pad between the two seats) for my 63 vette convertible.

I can't see how to install it.

I'd like to get it done today so the wife stops complaining about the tear in the old center arm rest.

Can anyone post directions?

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:29 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

If it's the same as my 65, you have to remove the center trim at the shifter, which will expose a bolt in the leading edge of the cushion.

Removing that bolt and then the cushion should come out.

The new cushion has a pin in the back of it, which penetrates a hole in the luggage divider between the seats. Insert that pin into the hole then place the leading edge of the cushion down so you can reinstall the mounting bolt.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
throwrod
5th Gear

Thanks, Jeff.

Nice looking pups!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM
TroyPyles
Pro

Don't let you wife know that the purpose of the arm rest pad, assuming you have a convertible, is for your hot date to sit on. I got pulled over in Honolulu one Saturday night with two guys (I was one) and three babes in my Corvette with the top down. Personally I think the cop was jealous we had more girls than guy in the part group.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 PM
throwrod
5th Gear

Originally Posted by TroyPyles
Don't let you wife know that the purpose of the arm rest pad, assuming you have a convertible, is for your hot date to sit on. I got pulled over in Honolulu one Saturday night with two guys (I was one) and three babes in my Corvette with the top down. Personally I think the cop was jealous we had more girls than guy in the part group.
This is what is so great about the 60's Corvettes. You could never get that number of girls in a Ferrari, Alfa or any other sports car--there just was not enough room in those skinny cars.

Get notified of new replies

To How to install center arm rest on 63 vette?

Quick Reply: How to install center arm rest on 63 vette?