C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

57: connector with 2 pink wires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 57: connector with 2 pink wires?

Hi all,

Trying to remove the brake warning socket from the jewel housing on my 57 and somehow have unpugged a female spade connector with 2 pink wires going into it. It branches out of the harness at the ignition switch location along with the yellow wire connector to the flasher and the ignition switch light socket with grey & black wires. I can't tell by looking up in there on my back where the heck it is supposed to plug on. Can't tell by my wiring diagram in the AIM which is very faint and difficult to read.

Anyone know which connector or lug it plugs on to?

BTW, also can't figure out how to unplug the socket from the jewel housing either... Any help with that is also appreciated.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

With your left hand hold the face of the jewel against the bezel and with your right hand push in on the socket and turn it left .The spring pushing the jewel out from the dash ,that's why you have to hold it.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
With your left hand hold the face of the jewel against the bezel and with your right hand push in on the socket and turn it left .The spring pushing the jewel out from the dash ,that's why you have to hold it.
This is exactly what I was trying to do but I can't seem to get enough leverage up in there to rotate the socket. It apparently hasn't been removed in quite a while. I'm trying to get the socket/wire assembly with the flasher attached down so I can figure out whether I have a 6 volt or 12 volt tung sol flasher. It is stamped in white but is blurry and hard to read while on your back with crappy light and aging eyes LOL. Appears to be stamped 530 but not sure...

Will try again once I get the pink 2-wire connector mystery solved.

Thx for the info!

Last edited by Marks69BB; 09-04-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
TroyPyles
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of the Tung Sol flashers have that number. You should not have to remove the jewel to pull the flasher.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by Marks69BB
This is exactly what I was trying to do but I can't seem to get enough leverage up in there to rotate the socket. It apparently hasn't been removed in quite a while. I'm trying to get the socket/wire assembly with the flasher attached down so I can figure out whether I have a 6 volt or 12 volt tung sol flasher. It is stamped in white but is blurry and hard to read while on your back with crappy light and aging eyes LOL. Appears to be stamped 530 but not sure...

Will try again once I get the pink 2-wire connector mystery solved.

Thx for the info!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Default Thanks to all!

Appreciate the pic; worth a 1000 words...

I need to remove the socket anyway to make sure there is a correct working bulb in there.

Get notified of new replies

To 57: connector with 2 pink wires?

Quick Reply: 57: connector with 2 pink wires?