C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 headlight switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:16 AM
63two
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 63 headlight switch

Last momth I replaced my headlight switch With a $ 50 napa replacement. For some reason my tail lights and dash lights are now on at all times. I went back to the parts catalog and could not find a listing for a 63 switch, Only ones for 64 -67. Do I the wrong switch Has anyone run into this Or do I have other problems I no longer have the old switch to try Thanks in advance Steve B. Western Ma
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by 63two
Last momth I replaced my headlight switch With a $ 50 napa replacement. For some reason my tail lights and dash lights are now on at all times. I went back to the parts catalog and could not find a listing for a 63 switch, Only ones for 64 -67. Do I the wrong switch Has anyone run into this Or do I have other problems I no longer have the old switch to try Thanks in advance Steve B. Western Ma
The '63 uses a different switch than '64-'67; all the usual Corvette parts vendors have both switches. Don't know offhand what the electrical difference is, if any.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:43 PM
JAMES69
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 63 light switch

The 63 switch is readily available. I suspect you may have something else happening. I believe your light switch handle may not be engaged far enough into the switch. If the light switch handle doesn't go in far enough, the switch thinks the lights (running and dash) should be on. This is easy to test. Just take your light switch back out of the dash, hook it back into the harness (while it is still out of your dash cluster), re-insert the switch handle, then check your lights. This has happened to me many times now on my 63 and 60,

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To 63 headlight switch

Quick Reply: 63 headlight switch